Monday, June 15, 2009

De Anza Journal Week June 8, 2009

Mon June 8

I turned in the take home exam to the instructor. I remember my days at San Jose State going to the bookstore to buy the scantrons and blue books.

Today's workout was one of my better workouts. I managed to get a good job at the gym before class. Unfortunately, I arrived late to class even though I exited the gym with good time. The reason I arrived late is because all the signal lights were red when I arrived at the intersection. A 20 minute maximum drive turned out to be 30 minutes. Terrible.

I talked to a classmate and the instructor after class. We discussed the California budget and the impact on classes and unemployment.

Wed June 10

I was running late and didn't have time for a jog. I drove straight to class. Workout was satisfactory!

After Strength Development and showering in the men's locker room, I headed to the Campus Center for my burger and fries. The worker recognized me every Wednesday night. I got my burger, fries, and soda combo, paid, and then I saw a classmate from my dance class. She asked if I wanted to watch soccer. I said OK. The soccer game was the 2010 World Cup qualifier. We talked about soccer and what sports we enjoyed watching. We also discussed the free salsa class.

In dance class, the instructor was out of town for a family commitment. Her assistant taught the class. We reviewed the Cha Cha Cha, West Coast Swing, and Salsa. We learned no new dances. The end of the class I talked to two classmates who have danced for at least two years. One of them told me how he learned. He started taking a class at Mission College, another junior college two years ago. He was hooked on ballroom dancing. He gave me more information on the free salsa classes at San Jose Japantown. The Thursday instructor is more beginner friendly. The Friday instructor is more intermediate and a show off. Some people who know how to salsa attend the free classes and/or take classes at junior college just to keep their skills sharp. He suggested I take the Thursday class because many people in the Friday class already know salsa. I take the Thursday class next week and try again for the Friday class.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: