Wednesday, October 14, 2009

De Anza Week Oct 12, 2009

Mon Oct 12, 2009

I shopped at Borders before I attended class. I wanted to buy the Japanese comic (manga) D.Gray Man Volume 12. Borders didn't have it. I shop another Borders between Accounting and Social Dance.

The instructor lectured Chap 3. I was half asleep. I woke up when the instructor talked about the continued budget in California. He predicted Michigan is the first state to declare bankruptcy. He ended the class reviewing Chap 3 homework. He finished the review and review Chap 1-3 for the first mid-term on Wed class.

The instructor engages the class by asking questions to the students. Sometimes the questions are good, sometimes the questions are obvious, and sometimes the questions are cheesy. Regardless, the class stays focused for the most part. That's OK with me. He's not boring.

I drove to another Borders after Accounting. I drove on a street that led me to my kindergarten and first grade school. There is a park before the school. The playground that was there when I was a child is still there. Wow!

The second Borders store didn't have Volume 12. WTH?!? I purchased Volume 14 with a 40% coupon and $5.00 Borders Bucks. I walked to the children's section and saw a display for the movie Where The Wild Things Are. Cell phone pic below:


In dance class, we finished the Nite Club Two Step we perform at the Dance Demonstration on Wed Dec 2. The class needs more practice, and I mean it. More practice. I need more practice. It seemed everyone was busy and nobody stayed afterwards to practice. The girls must trust the guys to lead. Maybe that's why the divorce rate is around 50%. The girls need to trust the guys to lead and the guys need to be a man and lead ^__^ Everything goes both ways. It's just like in accounting where assets must balance with liabilities and owner's equity. Debits must balance with credits. OK, I stop now and go again another day, lol!

Wed Oct 14, 2009

I drove to De Anza at 2:55pm and I arrived at De Anza in 20 minutes. That was the fastest I arrived. Usually the drive has been 25-30 minutes because of signal lights and traffic. I waited 10 minutes for the instructor to arrive.

The instructor finished reviewing Chap 3 homework. I completed the homework before class. There was some challenge and it took a long time. I understood the review and it looks like I’m ready for the mid-term on Mon Oct 19. I still want to study and review and don't take what I already know for the mid term granted. The second half of the class the instructor reviewed the material. No problem on the review. I wrote some concepts to emphasize my understanding.

There was a delay in Social Dance. The projector screen was down on the stage. It seemed the speaker or maintenance forgot to raise the projector screen up. We finished practicing the Cha Cha Cha chorography. Now it's practice and practice. The instructor started teaching us the Fox Trot. Awesome! I stayed after class as usual and got some corrections for the Nite Club Two Step.

Side Note: There was a power outage at De Anza yesterday. I walked around campus and there were debris and water puddles from yesterday's big storm.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: