Friday, October 02, 2009

De Anza Week Sept 28, 2009

Mon Sep 28, 2009

I drove to De Anza from my house at 2:50pm. To repeat, it's faster to drive to De Anza on surface streets instead of freeway. On Wed Sep 30, there were so many cars I forgot there was a clean green light. I didn't want to be late because I almost missed the quiz.

I arrived in plenty of time. It appears there is no class before my class. Everyone waited for the instructor to open the room. The instructor arrived at 3:27pm. The students settled in and the instructor asked as a quiz question. If a student read the first 5 pages or attended the lectures, the question was easy to answer. After the quiz, the instructor reviewed the homework. I don't know why he reviewed the homework because the green sheet said the homework is due on Sat Oct 3. I finished reading Chap 1 and I'm ready to complete the homework. I ignored most of the lecture and wrote down information not related to Chap 1. For example, he talked about how Oracle submitted falsified financial statements. I wrote down how Oracle did. I say it was genius. The final ten minutes he started on Chap 2.

FOB = Freight On Board

I headed to the Campus Center. I choose to keep my car in the parking garage instead of parking my car near the Visual Arts Center. I wrote Blogs. There was a student who asked me about WiFi and her Mac laptop seemed to not work. I asked questions trying to diagnose the problem. She tried the library to access the internet. I think the problem was she has a Mac laptop.

I brought my dancing shoes for Social Dance. The instructor was out for the week because she has work for her dance company. There was supposed to be a substitute. He couldn't make it. Half of the class attended because an email was sent informing the students the class was cancelled.

The instructor's assistant taught the class. The assistant's husband helped, too. Before class started, I talked to one student taking a singing class. I asked for more information because when I play Rock Band, I'm vocals. We reviewed the Nite-Club Two Step for half of the class. The other half of the class some students danced other dances. I danced the Waltz and Fox Trot with a couple of students.

Wed Sep 30, 2009

There was no quiz today in Accounting 1A. I must complete the Chap 1 homework tonight. The instructor lectured Chapter 2. Some of the information was straight forward. Some was not and I need to read the chapter. Cooke Cutter Accounting is a company takes profit from one quarter financials to use for quarter financials. There was one student who kept asking questions. The student needed to think more, or maybe he was thinking too much. The questions were good. The timing was bad because the instructor needed to stop his lectures too many times.

I talked to a classmate about the Chap 1 homework. She said it was straightforward and easy to complete online. Tonight, I create my account and complete the homework. I don't know how I'm going to use the homework to study since I only need the answers.

Here is a pic of the table I sat in the Campus Center. If you can't see the pic, it's a happy cloud made out of salt. I took the pic with my cell phone camera.


There was a substitute in dance. The substitute, with all due respect to the regular instructor, was better. He was detailed, funny, and controlled the flow of the class. We learned a new move for the Cha Cha Cha. I wonder if the regular instructor incorporates the move in the chorography for the upcoming Dance Demonstration event.

I want to thank Joseph for the DVD copy of Dancing With The Stars Week 1 first episode =)

Side Note: I forgot to mention my Accounting instructor is left handed ^__^

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: