Friday, November 06, 2009

De Anza Week Nov 2, 2009

Mon Nov 2, 2009

Daylight standard time began yesterday. It's different seeing dark after my accounting class. I'm behind in my accounting even though I'm taking one class. There were events last weekend beyond my control. Tonight and tomorrow I want to finish Chap 5 homework. The second mid-term is Mon Nov 9; however, one student asked the instructor after class if the second mid-term is actually Mon Nov 9. The instructor said he thinks about it. I'm struggling with Chap 4 concepts. It's not getting easier and an anticipated more challenges as I continue to take accounting classes.

The first part of the class we had another quiz. The quiz was funny because two students arrived after the instructor told the class the question. The first student thought it was the beginning of the lecture and said part of the answer. The class laughed and said jokes including, "What she said." Likewise with the second student. The class laughed and said, "What he said." The quizzes were attendance checks and lighthearted. The instructor took it lightly.

I find it sad to see some tables in the Campus Center common area dirty with food and packaging. I find the behavior disturbing and rude.

Mon dance class almost everybody was tired and not eager to dance including me. As class went on, everyone woke up. We're happy and almost everyone was focused on Nite-Club Two Step and East Coast Swing. I was surprised because the Wed class is more exciting. The instructor added another quarter turn, side-cross-side, and basics to the Nite-Club Two Step. We learned a few new moves in East Coast Swing.

Wed Nov 4, 2009

The instructor made a mistake in the class schedule. We meet on Wed Nov 11 that is Veterans Day. De Anza celebrates Veterans Day on Fri Nov 13 that is Friday The 13th. Friday the 13th has been a good luck day for me. In addition, the instructor moved the second mid-term to Wed Nov 11 instead of Mon Nov 9. I liked the delay because I have been struggling with Chap 4. The instructor passed out candy as an apology for the confusion.

After class, I thought about full time students who work part-time or even full-time. I have more respect for those students taking classes and working. I imagine it's tough. Working means less time studying. It's tougher when the students have a relationship, family obligations, and any other important priorities. I admit I'm spoiled. I worked part-time during part of my life at San Jose State. I didn't have external priorities and commitments outside school, work, and family.

Dance class I forgot to step back when I do the underarm turn for the Cha Cha Cha. Must remember. We finished the Fox Trot and we started on the Salsa. I believe students who cut the class for any reason stop cutting now that we learn the Salsa.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

1 comment:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!