Sunday, November 29, 2009

De Anza Week Nov 23, 2009

Mon Nov 23, 2009

The instructor finished reviewing Chapter 6 homework. The class was interrupted for two minutes from three students who wanted to wish a classmate happy birthday. The instructor approved it. Personally, it was rude.

Next, the instructor lectured and completed Chapter 7. He said 90% of the material is useless. I agree. In my opinion, the chapter should have been skipped. I believe good instructors never finish the book. They concentrate their time on the most important concepts. When I was at San Jose State, only one class the instructor finished the book. All my other classes the instructor didn't finish the book. If I was teaching Accounting 1A, I skip Chapter 7 and concentrate more time on another chapter.

At the Campus Center, I purchased a one item Chinese meal. I broke the rule not eating at the cafeteria to save money because the dance classes last week I was tired and weak. After eating, I got a mild stomach ache. I didn't think it's the Chinese meal. I ate Chinese in the past. I'm guessing it was the leftovers I ate at home before class.

The minor stomach ache was no factor. The instructor taught us the Hustle. We reviewed the Tango, started the Hustle, and reviewed the Nite Club Two Step. I liked the instructor reviewing the Nite Club last instead of first. It was a variety. Tonight's class was in a better mood compared to recent Monday night classes.

Wed Nov 25, 2009

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Maybe it's just me. I observed there were some people in a pissy mood. It's the holidays. Take it slowly and cheer up. Given the economy and any personal problems Thanksgiving can't solve, I can see people not in a holiday mood. However, don't take it on others.

Anyways, today's Accounting class was a half day. The instructor started Chapter 8. I read Chap 8 and continue on the project on Sat or Sun. Time is running out and the quarter finish fast.

I learned something new out of the book. Some retail places have a sign saying if the customer doesn't receive a receipt, the customer receives a free meal. The reason customers must receive a receipt is internal controls. The retail business assures there is a legitimate transaction. The cashier can't pocket the cash from the transaction because the transaction is recorded in the cash register.

Dance class was a full turnout. Nobody cut. We reviewed the Cha Cha Cha and Salsa. Then we started learning the West Coast Swing. The next Wed class meeting is the Dance Demonstration.


I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: