Saturday, February 22, 2014

Job Searching: Updated My Resumes And Job Profiles

I work full time I started on Wed Nov 20 at a start up retail company. One benefit working is I stopped job searching. I searched for a job too long. I was tired finding job openings, sending resume, and interviewing.

I updated my resume and online job profiles to reflect my current employment status. The first updates were the online job posting websites which are Careerbuilder, Monster, and Careercenter San Jose State University. The second updates were companies I created a job profile to search for jobs posted on their career section. Some of the companies I applied directly include eBay, Cisco, Google, Adobe, PG&E, Clorox, Stanford, and Symantec. I also applied to temporary and contractor agencies which include Kelly Services, Accountemps, and Randstad. The third updates were job search engine companies which are Indeed, Dice, SimplyHired, and Glassdoor. The final update was my LinkedIn. I add bullet points detailing my responsibilities, accomplishments, and new skills to my resume later because I have more to learn.

I continue to receive emails from job agencies and companies. I also receive phone calls from recruiters. I always keep my job opportunities open. There is always a better job.

No comments: