Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Finding The Missing Pieces

I dreamed I played center field for the Major League Baseball team Seattle Mariners when I was a child. We were one out away from clinching our third consecutive American League pennant and playing in the World Series. My team was the visitors. The home team rallied to win the pennant. The Mariners and I were disappointed. We realized there were weaknesses which must be fixed for next year. There were missing pieces for a championship baseball team.

The team identified the missing pieces. The problems were fixed next year. What were the weaknesses? The team needed better production from the bottom of the batting order. The team needed a deeper bullpen. Some of the relief pitchers were ineffective in critical late inning situations. And the team needed better team chemistry. We said goodbye to ineffective ballplayers who didn't fit with the team. We signed free agent ballplayers to strengthen our weaknesses. The result was winning the World Series.

My childhood dream inspired me to share my missing pieces. I share what I'm doing to find the pieces. I share what I'm doing to solve my problems. I identify five missing pieces and the solutions. They are finding new friends, learning new job skills, living independent, being physically fit, and working in a permanent job.

1. Finding New Friends. I have nothing against all my friends for the record. I have a good relationship with everyone including my close friends and friends I keep in touch via social media. I believe in always meeting new people and making new friends. I'm looking for new friends anytime to expand my circle of friends. These new friends are genuine, mature, sincere, strong, and making efforts to live a good life. They're open. We can talk about anything from the little things to serious conversations. They believe in living a life seeking new adventures and experiencing new experiences. They have a similar life motto like mine: Get up and do something, anything.

2. More Job Skills. The job market is competitive. The job market is tough. There are lots of people unemployed. I'm currently unemployed. One of my daily activities is learning new job skills. I also review and refresh my current job skills. My future employment is dependent on the daily activity. I'm learning Python. I'm reviewing Excel and Access. There is more to learn when I finish Python, Excel, and Access. I continue learning because I'm responsible for myself. I'm proactive. I devote 6.5 days a week reading books, watching YouTube videos, and practicing what I learned.

3. Living Independent. I have lived at home for my entire life. My plans saving money to own my home was a bad idea looking back. I never experienced living by myself. I never experienced making my own choices. I never experienced having people inside my residence. I want to set up my own schedule. I want to live my life my way. There is no substitute for freedom.

I start looking for my own residence when I find a job with enough income.

4. Physical Fitness. The good news is working out at the gym is one of my favorite hobbies. The bad news is I workout inconsistently. I must establish a weekly routine going to the gym three to four days a week. In addition, I must eat better.

5. Permanent Job. People who work must not complain. There are unemployed people who do anything to work at their company. I accept any job that matches my experiences which includes contract position. I search for a job six days a week. I don't want another gap in my resume. I'm seeking long term employment to make me feel good. I feel like a failure being unemployed. I feel my life is empty being unemployed. I want to stop those feelings permanently. Finding a permanent job is a start.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: