Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Breaking Bad Series

I finished watching the entire series of Breaking Bad on Sun Nov 23. Excellent series. Highly recommended. My simple words describe the hit drama television show: scary, violent, genius, unpredictable, cliff-hanging, twists, dark, depressing, anger, smart, risk-taking, original. There are a few comedy moments.

My only criticism is Creator and Executive Producer Vince Gilligan could have added more episodes. These episodes are back stories of the side characters. For example, how Saul's entered into the "criminal" lawyer business. Mike's days as a police officer and why he took care of his granddaughter. How Hank and Marie met. More screen time to know Walt and Gretchen's past relationship. I believe the audience gains a greater appreciation knowing more about the side characters and more on Walt's past.

My favorite episode is in Season One when Walt entered Tuco's hideout with the "clear white" crystals. Season Four is my favorite season, especially the final scene in the senior citizen home. I don't have a favorite character. I debated myself who was my favorite side character after Season Three. Saul or Gus? All the actors, actresses, and the production staff did an excellent job.

The series is about a high school chemistry teacher who found out he has terminal cancer. He chooses to produce meth to raise money for his family before he dies. The series is also about the meth world. What is life in the meth world? Violence, corruption, addiction, greed. The series depicts how drugs affect people including sellers, users, law enforcement, and support groups.

To repeat, I highly recommend the series. Watch the first 3 episodes in Season One. If you feel comfortable after episode three, watch the entire Season One. If you feel comfortable after Season One, watch the entire series. The series gets better, gets darker, and gets more violent. The characters come to you. You may want to watch on a weekend because the series can be addicting you may end up watching some episodes through the late night or early morning. I watched eight episodes of Season Four and 6 episodes of Season Five in two separate late nights and early mornings.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: