Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Real Life Match Game

Today I want to talk about match. *insert bad joke* I'm not talking about the Excel MATCH() function which finds the location of a string or number in an array. *insert another bad joke* I'm not talking about The Match Game TV game show past and present. I'm talking about match relationships. Relationships are everything. Relationships are between people, places, and things. Matches are between people, places, and things.

Is there a match between one person and another person professionally, among friends, dating, and with family? Nobody gets along with everyone. If everyone gets along with everyone, then there's no need for attorneys. One person is not for everyone. One person may be a top 1% in the world. The person is good, strong, smart, experienced, and smiles; however, the one person is not a match for another person. It's nobody's fault. There's nothing to be ashamed the good person can't get along with another person. Different folks for different strokes.

Likewise a person matches with places. A person matches with cold weather cities. Another person matches with warm weather cities. A person matches with big cities. Another person matches with small towns. A person matches with beaches. Another person matches with forests.

Finally, a person matches with things. A person matches with computers. Another person matches with collecting shoes. A person matches with books on print. Another person matches with books on a tablet. A person matches on fixing cars. Another person matches with sewing. A person matches with traveling. Another person matches with wood working.

There Are Exceptions

There are people who match with 99% of other people. These people possess natural charisma, strength, intelligence, beauty, wisdom, charm, and kindness. These people have strong self-esteem, strong self-confidence, and pure self-responsibility. These people communicate well with proper words everyone pays attention. These people are professionals. Most of these people are not celebrities. Celebrity examples who match with 99% of other people are George Clooney, the late President Ronald Regan, Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Richard Branson, and President Bill Clinton in my opinion. Most 99% of other people non-celebrity are humble. Personally, I'm doing my best to model these 99% of other people. I don't have natural beauty. My communication skills are almost professional. I do my best to match as many characteristics as these exceptional 99% of other people.

Update On A Past Blog

I have been waking up at 8:00am instead of 10:00am consistently. The earlier wake-up reminded me of the blog My Two Grandfathers on Jul 3, 2018. My two grandfathers woke up early consistently. My grandfather on my dad's side owned a restaurant. He maintained early to bed and early to rise daily schedule. My grandfather on my mom's side woke up early to take care of his mother who lived a long time in a nursing home after suffering a stroke. The immediate benefits of my new sleep schedule include learning new job skills and job searching immediately after breakfast, eating my meals at a normal time, and sleeping at a normal time. I continue the early to bed and early to rise to prepare for my next job. A common life wisdom is, "The early bird gets the worm."

No comments: