Thursday, June 20, 2019

Top Ten New Experiences I Don't Experience If I'm An Anime Fan

I retired from anime on Sep 2014. The time and money away from anime allowed me time and money on new experiences. These new experiences have made me a stronger and smarter person. New experiences experienced. New wisdom acquired. One new experience is redesigning my webpage. The new job skills I learned applied to my webpage Innovate Infinitely. I learned HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript. Learning new job skills is number three. Here are the top ten new experiences:

10. Painting. I hate painting. My handyman skills are poor. However, my painting skills are better years ago. Painting taught me to be professional completing my responsibilities.

9. CERT or Community Emergency Response Team. I took a seven day CERT training course to learn basic emergency skills in a disaster. I have a better understanding on first responders.

8. Intermediate Mahjong Skills. I rate myself intermediate reading books and watching YouTube videos.

7. Podcasts. Sex With Emily was my first podcast in Spring 2014. I added 99% Invisible, Awesome Etiquette, Freakonomics, and Stuff You Should Know. My current events podcasts are 60 Minutes and Nightline. My retired podcasts are Car Talk airing repeats and NBC Sports Bay Area Happy Hour.

6. Gym Workouts. I used to workout two days a week combining weights and cardio. I workout four days a week with two days cardio and two days weights today. I admit I'm an amateur. I minimize eating processed foods. I minimize eating at restaurants. My penis is stronger.

5. Backpacking And Camping. I experienced my first backpacking and first camping when I visited Zion National Park in Oct 2015. My party gave me a crash course. I have been acquiring new equipment, upgrading existing equipment, and acquiring knowledge thereafter.

4. Review Existing Job Skills. I have been reviewing Microsoft Office, HTML, SQL, and VBA.

3. Learn New Job Skills. Learning new job skills gets its own number. I have been learning Python, Oracle, Linux, HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript.

2. Power Of Goodbye. Goodbye is more powerful than saying goodbye to a friend for the day. Some goodbyes are long-term. Some goodbyes are permanent. Some goodbyes are happy. Some goodbyes are sad. Goodbyes apply to places, hobbies, and possessions, too. I have experienced these goodbyes for the first time since I retired from anime. Also, I experienced these goodbyes before I retired from anime for which I didn't realize at the time.

1. Sleep. I remember exchanging sleep for watching anime. Sleep is important. Sleep rests the body. Sleep rests the mind. Sleep rests the soul. Sleep is my spiritual practice. My focus is strong the next day sleeping eight hours the previous night.

Update On A Past Blog

I read an article at askmen.com titled Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30 on Nov 11, 2018. The article reminded me of my Top Ten Men Truths blog on Jan 7, 2017. The askmen.com article mentioned eight stop doings including stop eating at Taco Bell and stop showing up late. My top ten men truths included stop complaining about your crappy life and stop blaming your problems on other people.

No comments: