Tuesday, March 23, 2021

I Purchased The Samsung Galaxy S7 Five Years Ago Today

One of Murphy's Law is the following: If anything can break, it will. One by one apps crashed on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone yesterday. I factory reset today. Today is also the five year anniversary I purchased the phone.

There is an advantage using the latest and greatest technology. Better hardware. Better software. Devices are built better. Devices are improved. Previous mistakes are corrected. Innovate infinitely. All are true in theory. However, there is a disadvantage using the latest and greatest technology. There are increased chances of broken components and/or software glitches. There are more opportunities of failures. There is more resulting in more possibilities something can go wrong.

My present situation my S7 satisfies the daily minimums consisting of phone calls, text, internet browser, GPS for maps, email, mp3 player, and a camera. My most useful apps are the following: file manager, YouTube, scanner, first aid, IMDb, Amazon, banks, SoundHound, local news, Reddit, social media, and Stitcher. No games. No videos outside YouTube. No physical retail stores apps. I buy a new phone when my S7 stops working.

No comments: