Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Winners Attract

I dreamed last night I played for a Major League Soccer (MLS) team. The season started. My position was midfielder. I started four games. I was substituted in the second half of the fourth game. Our record started 0-4. The fourth game was played in a gigantic tavern with the soccer field in the middle of the tavern. There was a giant flat screen TV above one side of the field against a wall from the high ceiling. The bar and individual chairs aligned one side of the field. It was a dream for which some parts make no sense.

I was benched for the next five games. I was not substituted in the game. I asked questions from the fourth game to the ninth game. I asked teammates on the bench. I asked the head coach. It was information and intelligence gathering why we lost the first four games and more games thereafter. The answers made me angry. The team didn't practice between games. Poor coaching staff. Ownership didn't care. Low morale. Little teamwork. Nobody wanted to talk to me outside my information and intelligence gathering.

I practiced on my own after the fifth game. I drilled kicks. I worked out in the gym to increase strength, speed, and endurance. The hard work paid off. I was substituted in the second half of the tenth game. I scored a goal. I started on the eleventh game. I scored three goals or a hat trick. The three goals were easy scores in the open because the opposition underestimated me.

One teammate initiated a conversation with me after the game. He was concerned I overachieved. I didn't worry about being released. The fan base started to support me after the hat trick. Ownership didn't want bad public relations if the team released me.

Game twelve I scored an assist. I didn't know I scored a fifth goal because I woke up.

My point of the dream is people who are winners attract other people. Confidence attracts. Strength attracts. Initiative attracts. Intelligence attracts. Communication attracts. Self-esteem attracts. Motivation attracts. Good people attract.

No comments: