Saturday, December 10, 2022

A Second Look At 2021

It's the time I look back at my 2021 blogs to give myself feedback. The goals delaying one year are relearning from my mistakes, reinforcing my lessons, reminding myself my moments, refreshing acquired knowledge, rediscovering new wisdom, correcting errant blogs, and sharing changes. The ten blogs are also the 2021 best blogs.

1. A 46 Year Old Mind And Spirit Inside A 13 Year Old Body
Date: Sat Jan 9
Summary: I dreamed I was the captain of my co-ed basketball team in junior high school.
Feedback: I can't explain my feeling I need to take charge more in life. I take charge inside the household, outside the household, any group of people, and any situation nothing is happening. Making the decisions and making the choices are the first time I step up. I'm the person to speak up. If nothing happens, then I accept it. The absolute minimum is I done something. I create action. Success or failure doesn't matter. Start small. Climb up the ladder slowly and surely.

2. No On The Job Training For Excel. Also No Classes On How To Use A PC. Better Know How To Type.
Date: Tue Jun 29
Summary: More jobs require more prerequisites, additional acquired knowledge, and higher self-taught skills.
Feedback: More white collar professions self-training and self-learning are required because there is more technology to know, more technology to learn, and more knowledge to acquire. There is not enough time in an education setting to teach everything. Perhaps, blue collar professions, too, such as auto mechanics self-training and self-learning are required to get an interview.

High schools and colleges should be increasing the number of classes require to graduate. There is more to learn. There is more technology to learn. Otherwise, a student is responsible for himself or herself to self-teach anything important for success not taught in school.

I remember an Excel assignment in Accounting 1C class at De Anza College. Half of the class didn't finish the assignment because their Excel skills were poor. High school students should learn basic spreadsheet skills.

3. Throwback Blog: A Mixed Bag Of Everything
Date: Wed Jun 30
Summary: I took a second look at Aug 2006.
Feedback: The month Aug 2006 summarized most of the year 2006.

I said most of the happiness was faked. I was depressed most of the year. I was unhappy most of the year. They are incorrect. I take them back. 2006 was a good year. I admit I could have done a better job to make 2006 a better year. For instance, I mentioned, ". . . I could have done such as find a new job, self-teach myself Excel correctly, and research gym workout plans." The positives outweighed the negatives. The 2006 happiness was good.

I forgot my grandmother on my dad's side past away in Jul 2006. I visit my grandparents on my dad's side at least once a year.

A simple, sarcastic, and wise quote from a friend must be repeated. Barnes said, "Enjoy it or complain."

4. The Look
Date: Tue Aug 10
Summary: I dreamed I was in a contest to put puzzle pieces together inspired me a person's looks show who he or she is.
Feedback: I stand by my opinion with 98% accuracy. We always judge people by their looks. We always judge people by their appearances. The judgements are 98% accurate. The 2% are the exceptions.

The day Thur Dec 1, 2022 convinced me to add The Look on A Second Look. I shopped at a grocery store and a drugstore. The grocery store cashier and the drugstore store manager looked like they don't belong in retail. They belong in tech. Something happened in their pasts they are desperate for any job. The cashier job and the store manager job are the best jobs they found. Underachievers? Maybe. Bad luck? Maybe. Unfortunate circumstances? Likely.

5. A Loser Is Pissed At People Who Screw It Up
Date: Sun Aug 22
Summary: I expressed anger some winners self-destruct their good lives.
Feedback: People like me are false losers. False losers are doing their best to live a good life. We prepare for the next opportunity. We continue to get stronger, get smarter, and get wiser. There is no complaining. We appreciate life. We take care of ourselves inside and outside. Spending is controlled. The false losers are hidden. Nobody talks about the false losers because we're losers.

The real losers are the people who screw up their freedom. The real losers take life for granted. The real losers fail to maintain and to strengthen their successes. Sometimes the real losers become losers by the sign of the times or too many down on their lucks. It's unfortunate. Some real losers are losers through no fault of their own. It's life.

6. I Was Lonely, I Fell Through The Cracks, Everyone Let Me Go
Date: Tue Sep 14
Summary: I recalled my teachers and my managers failed to help my learning problems.
Feedback: I use the feedback to address my youngest nephew in pre-kindergarten who cries. I cried many times in pre-school. It's part of growing up. Be patient. Don't give up parents. Don't quit. Teach your children. Be tough and be fair when rough parenting are in play.

7. Algebra II Math Intuition
Date: Sun Oct 17
Summary: I dreamed I took an Algebra II exam in high school for which one question the answer was unequal or no answer.
Feedback: I trusted my intuition to conclude the proof question was unequal. Trust intuition. No analysis paralysis. Sometimes there is no solution. If there is no solution, then no solution is correct.

"I began to realize that an intuitive understanding and consciousness was more significant than abstract thinking and intellectual logical analysis . . . intuition is a very powerful thing, more powerful than intellect, in my opinion. That's had a big impact on my work." --Steve Jobs

The third blog from my dreams in A Second Look 2021.

8. The 1992 Presidential Election Bill Clinton At San Jose State University
Date: Thur Oct 28
Summary: Impatience cost me an opportunity to attend an once-in-a-lifetime presidential rally.
Feedback: I remember the Paul McCartney concert at AT&T Park in Jul 2010. His band was significantly late. It was intentional. Fans waited longer. The longer the wait, the more excitement the audience became when the band played. Life wisdom. If you need to wait for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, then take the wait.

9. Celebrities Are Assholes Because We're Assholes
Date: Sun Nov 28
Summary: The second look is an update on a past blog Today Is A Lucky Day I Count My Blessings written on Feb 23, 2020 when I realized I became a genius.
Feedback: Focus is good; however, don't focus too much. Can't finish it today? There's always tomorrow. If you need a break, then do something else constructive. Don't want to finish it? Delay when you feel refreshed or quit when it's a no go. On the other hand, don't delay or quit because of laziness. Incomplete work is not to be submitted. Wait for the work to be completed; although, half-ass is better than nothing. Make the intelligent judgment.

10. My Six Guarantees
Date: Sat Dec 11
Summary: The six guarantees in no particular order are death, taxes, everyone is weird, everyone changes, everyone has problems, and there are 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
Feedback: If there are awards for blog of the year, then I nominate the blog. I refer to the blog more times in the future.

The following blogs are honorable mentions: Everybody Doesn't Manage and Have The Courage To Be Sincerely Happy.

No comments: