Friday, December 30, 2022

A Half Day Visit To Sacramento To Pick Up A New Car

My dad and I assisted my brother and his family to pick up a new car in Sacramento, CA. Sacramento is the capital of California. The request for help came at the last minute. My dad and I rushed to my brother's house.

The weather throughout the day was heavy rain. We drove an alternate route to Sacramento driving along the Sacramento River, passing by tiny towns, driving over multiple bridges, and seeing wetlands. The alternate route was new sights for me. We arrived at the car dealership one hour late from our appointment. The dealership was busy. Customer parking was difficult. There were problems with the paperwork as expected. We ate hamburgers for a late lunch. We drove the main freeways back home at the end of the day.

The purpose of the blog is the sights around the Sacramento Arden-Arcade neighborhood area. I'm reminded of the suburbs or rural areas when I visited Oregon and Washington. Moreover, the suburbs or rural areas are similar in other states such as Oklahoma, Ohio, Arkansas, and Texas intuitively speaking. There are no sidewalks, no drainage, and no streetlights in one residential area. Most of the homes were spread out with big yards. All residential streets and all traffic streets are narrower compared to the greater Bay Area. There are no three lane or four lane streets. The retail stores architecture are 1950s and 1960s intuitively speaking. If there are any suburbs or rural areas in the greater Bay Area, then either I don't know or they don't have the suburb or rural feeling in the air.

A Wisdom Reminder

If it doesn't matter a year from now, then forget about it.

No comments: