Monday, March 20, 2023

Some People Don't Change

Today I said the title for the first time in my life. I said, "Some people don't change" for the first time in my life. I can't explain why. I don't have a reason. Perhaps, I'm too optimistic people can change for the better. Perhaps, I'm too naive there is good in people they can change for the better. I'm not talking about people changing due to unfortunate circumstances such as a car accident, death in a family, a natural disaster, or a lawsuit. I'm not talking about people changing outside their control such as a heart attack, an end of a relationship, a job loss, or a rejection. I'm talking a person with personal problems affecting daily life.

The person himself or herself makes the choice to change. Nobody can convince the other person to change. Why do some alcoholics remain alcoholics? Why do some drug addicts remain drug addicts? Why do some unemployed remain unemployed for which they don't job search? Why do lazy people remain lazy? Why do some abusers remain abusers? Why does a person refuse to change? My guesses are weakness, cowardice, denial, poor self-esteem, lack of motivation, no support, not follow the rules, despair, and/or money problems. Another guess is some people are changing for which they go nowhere. Life somehow moves these people backwards beyond their control resulting in quitting. Change is impossible. Life is over.

Update On A Past Blog

There was a day I felt no change in my life after I realized I must grow up on Sat Oct 4, 2008. I wrote Change Says No To Raymond Mar on Oct 18, 2017. I was still unemployed and living with my parents like the loser George Costanza from Seinfeld. No freedom was the reason change said no.

On the other hand, I wrote blogs I changed. These blogs were not the life changing freedom I desire. Some of the blogs are the following: Top Ten Daily Changes After O'Connor Hospital on Oct 21, 2017 after my two surgeries in Apr 2017, Top Ten Little Changes Since Oct 2013 on Jun 27, 2019 small changes making a big impact, The Correction To The Correct Growing Up Part 2 on Oct 7, 2020 reminding and updating I grew up on Sat Oct 4, 2008 and taking back the second time I grew up on Dec 2012, and Top Ten I Get It Now on Nov 21, 2020 past wisdom and knowledge I fully understand such as the late Steve Jobs "stay hungry, stay foolish", The Shawshank Redemption "geology is the study of pressure and time", Good Will Hunting "it's not your fault", and desire is more important than knowledge.

No comments: