Thursday, March 30, 2023

2022 Year In Review

The six nominations and its explanations for the moment of the year.

1. A Brief History Of Time by Stephen Hawking. I learned more than science reading the book. I learned life.

2. Gilroy Gardens. My first outdoor activity at the small family amusement park since the start of the global COVID-19 pandemic in Mar 2020. I wore my mask except eating.

3. Job training. Excel, Python, R and R-Studio, Linux, Power BI, SQL, and more. Progress continues learning and preparing for the next opportunity regardless of the economic status. Five days of training per week plus one day for life skills training.

4. Physical fitness. My longest daily jog is 5.0 miles. I created a fourth workout plan for my mini home gym.

5. Wallstreet Bets. I learned more about Wall Street and financial investments in 2022 than in the past decades and the classes when I was a student at San Jose State University and De Anza College. I exercised a call option for the first time.

6. Video Games. I completed my third Final Fantasy video game which is FFVIII and Call Of Duty: World At War.

Explanation: Steve Jobs' biography by Walter Isaacson won in 2016. Stephen Hawking can win in 2022. Forget Gilroy Gardens and video games. Too small. Too trivial. Moreover, no psychological victory at Gilroy Gardens. Another solid recognition to job training because I was consistent and productive. Unfortunately, a left rear knee injury in Nov and Dec prevented a win for physical fitness. I continue researching to prevent future injuries as of today. Wallstreet Bets continues my attention since Jan 2021. Financial education is part of my life skills training.

What Won: Wallstreet Bets.

What Should Have Won: Wallstreet Bets.

My Thoughts On The Winning Moment: The same thoughts in 2021 applies to 2022. No brainer. All the financial education I learned in college was a joke. Regardless, all investors including professionals and amateurs must learn the basics. Thank you Google, Reddit, Yahoo Finance, and YouTube for providing sources to learn deeper.

2022 Letter Grade: B. 2022 year started fantastic. There were plenty of little things. Add up the little things for something big. The flow ended in Apr. The simple words describe 2022: boring, solid, productive, safe, and quiet. The COVID-19 global pandemic survival mentality continues.

Past Moments Of The Years And Its Letter Grades

2021: Wallstreet Bets. Grade B.
2020: First responders, doctors, nurses, and hospital staff. Grade B.
2019: Consistent gym workouts. Grade C+.
2018: Consistent gym workouts. Grade C-.
2017: O'Connor Hospital. Grade D.
2016: Steve Jobs' biography by Walter Isaacson. Grade F.
2015: Zion National Park. Grade A.
2014: Palo Alto Networks. Grade C.

No comments: