Saturday, April 01, 2023

Grandmother Listened To Me

I dreamed last night my late grandmother on my mom's side and I conversed. The topic was my long-term unemployment. She said I should be working any job. I agreed and I disagreed. Any person can work any job. My stronger response was some jobs are a match to people and some jobs are a mismatch to people; for example, an oversimplified scenario a grocery store doesn't hire job candidates with a master's degree. She asked why I'm unemployed. I answered bad luck. I got interviews. I didn't get hired beyond my control. I job train five days a week. I don't watch TV and play video games eight hours a day. Furthermore, I explained why some people can't find work. I said timing and luck are factors. There are too many people applying to fewer openings. The quantity of job candidates increases the supply of job candidates at the end of every academic school year. There are not enough openings to satisfy the additional supply.

No comments: