Sunday, April 16, 2023

Ten Random Blogs Apr 2023

Here are ten random blogs in order of randomly chosen. Duplicate blogs are allowed from past Ten Random Blogs. There are no duplicates today. The previous random blogs are Ten Random Blogs Jul 2020 on Jul 31, 2020 and Ten Random Blogs Aug 2021 on Aug 13, 2021. Update remarks are included.

1. Free Your Mind (Sep 02, 2010). An anime conversation is an example of people with different likes and different dislikes. One person likes an anime series. Another person dislikes the same anime series. Don't hold back. Share your opinion with your group of people. Nobody should disrespect your opinion.

Update remark: Speak up. Share your thoughts. Share your suggestions. If the group of people denounces you, then find another group.

A good example of two people with two extreme opposite opinions is VERY FUNNY Siskel & Ebert movie review "Brain Candy" 1996. Siskel loved Brain Candy. Ebert hated Brain Candy.

2. There Is More Than One Way Home (Mar 02, 2014). Commuters should know multiple routes to and from work and home in case of accidents or road closures.

Update remark: Today's workplace some people are no longer concern about commutes because of hybrid work schedules, permanent work-from-home, or being laid off.

3. The Most Likely Good Time At Any Convention Rule (Jun 06, 2013). The convention attendee is responsible for having a good time.

Update remark: An attendee can't control how a convention is organized. The worst case scenario is the attendee leaves a poorly organized convention.

4. Accutane Day 135 (Jun 18, 2009). My face experienced virus warts which was a side effect. My dermatologist prescribed Aldara.

Update remark: I need another Accutane like treatment. The year is 2023. My intuition tells me there are better treatments than Accutane.

5. Washington Canada 2008: Prologue (Jan 20, 2009). The introduction for my Washington Canada 2008 vacation. Vacations planned correctly are a great life time out.

Update remark: The vacation is number 9 in my Top 40 Most Memorable Moments written on Sep 27, 2016.

6. Streaks Of Imperfection (Mar 04, 2011). I experienced a streak of bad luck, bad timing, and bad circumstances.

Update remark: Nobody cares. Blame nobody. Blame life. Move on. Move forward.

7. This Week With Raymond Mar (Jun 19, 2009). I blogged all the events during the plain week.

Update remark: No need to click on the link. The blog was about my De Anza classes, Accutane treatment, anime, video games, books, and music. I tried to do everything which was rationally impossible.

8. De Anza Week Jan 11, 2010 (Jan 16, 2010). I blogged another Winter Quarter 2010 week.

Update remark: I feel sorry for college students who can't afford either a desktop or a laptop. I believe the computers in colleges are subpar compared to students who can afford their own computer. Also, I should have dropped Beginning Singing class.

9. You Need The Correct Attitude? (Jan 21, 2006). I blogged a common dating advice, "What's the worst that can happen--he or she says [no]."

Update remark: A person can increase the chances he or she says yes by being a stronger person.

10. Throwback Blog: I Remember These Tragedies Forever (Jan 30, 2019). I remembered where I was when I heard about the tragedies: Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, Michael Jackson died, Hurricane Katrina, 9/11, Columbine shooting, Operation Desert Storm, and the Loma Prieta earthquake.

Update remark: No more all major networks' breaking news for mass shootings after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

Update On A Past Blog

I want to add parallel parking to the list of My Parents Raised My Correctly written on Feb 15, 2015. Some of today's cars include self-parallel parking. I have seen more drivers fail at parallel parking. The drivers are forced to drive away from the open parking spot because he or she holds back traffic. My dad taught me parallel parking. He constructed vertical wooden stands to mimic cars parked between the open parking spot. The old skill is a valid life skill today.

I also add my mom teaching my siblings and I don't eat candy, instant foods, sugary cereals, frozen foods, fruit juices, and donuts when we were children. Avoiding the bad food habits continue today. All of the processed junk foods mentioned are consumed in the rare special occasions.

No comments: