Sunday, March 24, 2024

A Laboratory In The Men's Bathroom

I dreamed last night I got a job being too curious. My dream started in North San Jose. My brother, cousin, dad, and uncle traveled to a partially frozen lake to fish in North San Jose. The lake doesn't exist in real life. The five of us used silver fishing lures for our fishing poles. There was a R&D building on the other side of the lake. The dream changed from the lake to inside the R&D building.

I walked inside the R&D building. I went to the men's bathroom. There was one urinal. The rest of the bathroom was a laboratory for chemical experiments. The manager was my first manager at my first job. One moment the original four Strike Team detectives from the TV series The Shield did something suspicious.

I walked to the reception area. The CEO of the company occupied the reception desk. The CEO believed all guests and clients must be greeted by the top person. The corner of the reception was a 20 gallon commercial cylinder plastic garbage can with wheels below. A stainless steel pot was inside the can. A portable flame camping stove was underneath the can. There were indications of failed attempts to cook brown rice using the three objects.

I cooked the brown rice doing something silly and illogical. I removed the stainless steel pot. I poured brown rice inside the plastic garbage can. I added water. I turned on the portable flame camping stove. The CEO was oblivious. I walked to the men's bathroom. The laboratory was empty. New people entered the laboratory moments later. It was like another research staff shift. I stayed inside waiting for the rice to finish cooking.

I walked to the reception area. The brown rice cooked successfully. The CEO inspected the brown rice. He was satisfied. He offered me a job as an entry database analyst. I said I don't have recent experience. The CEO replied experience is irrelevant. Anybody could do the job. The HR department embellished the job description.

Curiosity killed the cat. Satisfaction brought it back.

No comments: