Tuesday, June 12, 2007

2007 Fanime Con Epilogue

Fanime Con'07 Epilogue

Day one, day two, and most of day three I was out of it. I thought I made a mistake working 10 hours Monday to Thursday to get Friday off. I was tired, not being myself, so emo, and just wasn't having fun. The lack of cosplayers made me feel worst. I was expecting to take a lot of cosplay pics. Where were the cosplayers? And most of Friday was dead just like Fanime '04 and Fanime '06. In short, I was depressed.

On Wednesday May 30, two days after Fanime Con, I realized the mistake was I participated in few events. I focused too much on meeting new people. I met people even when I wasn't looking. Next year, I attend more events including Yaoi bingo and sell at the swap meet. Attending events is an easier way to meet new people, and I'm doing something rather than just walking around doing nothing >.< Moreover, I focused too much on cosplay and hanging outside the con. I forgot about the activities and events. Furthermore, I forgot who I am. I was a different person :< I acted and behaved strange and I said words I normally don't say. The second realization convinced myself to create the Summer Sabbatical 2007. I mentioned the Summer Sabbatical on a past Blog. The Summer Sabbatical is when I'm outside at work, I have fun and relax. I hope the sabbatical makes me remember who I'm and makes me a better person all-around. And I hope I can slow down. 2007 has been too fast for me. Finally, Ritchie and I talked about Fanime Con 2007 losing the anime con magic. Ritchie's opinion had merit. At the time of discussion, I wasn't myself and I experienced the same feeling as Ritchie. Objectively, I told him to experience the entire con and wait after the con before accepting Fanime Con lost the anime con magic. Ritchie, I think Fanime Con still has the magic. The con started slowly and when people started coming in and the events went full steam ahead, many people had fun. I did. Fanime still has the magic as a friendly con where meeting people is easy and getting along with fellow con goers is easy as if everyone are friends to each other. The reason why Fanime'07 is my second favorite Fanime is because I met new people, hung out with my friends, and realized, personally, I needed to take it easy and relax. Regrettably, I forgot how to maximize the most out of a con and I correct my mistakes for Fanime'08. And the UNO game Sunday night rocked, rocked, and rocked which was the most memorable moment for me. Fanime'07 Notes

Here are some notes for the 2007 Fanime Con at the San Jose Convention Center May 25, 2007 to May 28, 2007 in San Jose, California.

--The reason the program guides were unavailable was because the printers screwed up. Fanime Con submitted the final Program Guide to the printers on May 9.
--I took 601 pictures. Very disappointed. Where were the cosplayers? Obviously, it wasn't Fanime's fault. Using to 50% conservative percentage to estimate the number of cosplay pics on my webpage, it's going to be a minimum 300, much lower than Fanime'05. I believe my question is legitimate. Where were the cosplayers?
--The convention center air conditioner system worked, yet the air was still dry, even in my hotel room. I used my lip balm at least once a day.
--Off the record, Spiritnare and Loktera were the people who thought about the Fanimaid Café. I say it off the record just in case other people are not supposed to know ;-)
--I received lots of Glomps cosplaying as Hitsugaya. I received a few double glomps from a few people including the Gaara cosplayer, the HunterXHunter cosplayer, and BSaphire's daughter. Sue, the hugs were innocent I swear.
--Hellangel fixed my sword at the CLAMP gathering. I need to make minor repairs before the next con. I thank my Dad for assisting me.
--The crossplayer guy who lived in Richmond I met on Saturday cosplayed from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's. At the moment I type the notes, I still figure out what went wrong. The guy seemed lost. Or maybe he didn't know how to act when meeting new people. I continue to meet new people, and sometimes the people I met there's no match for us to hang out and to know each other.
--San Jose Police was present for Fanime'07 and Fanime'06. There was an arrest at the Saturday night dance. An minor brought illegal drugs.
--One advice. If you meet new people and you get along really good, trade each other’s contact information such as cell phone, email, AIM, or other means of communications.
--The past Fanime con first days convinced me I can work at least a half day because nothing happens when Fanime opens. If I have lots of vacation time, however, I take Friday off.
--Bleach Gathering ’08 is planned to meet at the water fountains and move to the center of Cesar Chavez park.

No comments: