Thursday, June 25, 2009

De Anza Journal Week June 22, 2009

Mon June 22

The instructor collected the workout cards for extra credit. I turned mine in. Great workout despite me being tight around my body. I was running late and I skipped the jog in my gym. I arrived a few minutes late and the instructor was late. Throughout my days in the workout room, the weather never reached over 90 degrees. Lucky!

Wed June 24

I got my workout card back. I use the workout card as reference when I go back to my gym to workout. The workout card has the weight numbers. I'm going to use my old workout and my new workout program.

The instructor had a 5:00pm meeting and end class early. I choose to use the limited time to find my new max bench press. I'm happy to say my max bench press is 200 pounds!! Yay!! I met a new classmate and we talked about our situations including my unemployed and him as graphics art major. The end of the class I talked to a classmate I regularly chat. We continued to talk about unemployment and her transfer to San Jose State in fall. We have our email addresses and we keep in touch.

After I showered in the gym, I walked to the Campus Center for my last burger combo. The cook and I briefly chat as usual. He always recognized me. I watched the World Cup qualifier game Mexico vs. Venezuela or Ecuador. I also browsed the web while watching the soccer game.

The final dance class we continued to learn the waltz. After class, I talked to a few classmates about dancing and free lessons including the salsa lesson in Japantown. Some of us continue to dance and we meet up at future dancing events.

Epilogue

The number one reason I went back to De Anza was to take Japanese. I dropped Japanese three weeks later. Today, dropping Japanese is the best choice I made in 2009. There is very little chance I take Japanese in the future. My priority is picking a second major: accounting, nursing, finance, or bookkeeping.

I learned in my Strength Development and Social Dance. Social Dance is a definite for Fall Quarter'09. Following and practicing a second beginner workout program I downloaded at www.bodybuilding.com was huge and helped me developed muscle. I asked the instructor questions from the second workout program. I follow the second beginner workout and my first beginner workout at my gym. And I learned a new warm-up exercise with the bar from a classmate. Excellent! Max bench press 200 pounds. So great!!! I weigh 165 pounds.

I want to take two classes in fall. I hope to pick a major for fall to at least get started working on my second major. During the summer, I continue to practice and learn dance and workout at the gym. Have a good summer!

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: