Friday, November 12, 2010

Taking Care Of Yourself Is A Part Time Job

I went to my dentist for a routine checkup a month ago. My hygienist and dentist always tell me ways to keep my teeth clean. They always remind me to brush and floss correctly. There is a correct way and an incorrect way to floss. They tell me to use a proxy brush and a tongue cleaner. I approve proxy brushes and tongue cleaners.

The dentist visit inspired me to write a blog on how I take care of myself. I realized I spend a good amount of time daily taking care of myself. Taking care of myself includes keeping me clean, eating healthy, exercise, and doing the bare necessities. One may think there is so much to do to maintain a good body. It’s true. There is much to do. Here’s mine:

*I shave three or four days a week. I use a razor, shaving cream, and after shave. It takes me 15 min. I heard that shaving can be done in 10 min. My quickest is around 12 min.

*I brush my teeth and clean my tongue before I sleep. I admit I don’t brush my teeth after breakfast. I actually use a proxy brush. I dental floss two times a week.

*I workout three days a week. Two days of weights and small cardio and one day of full cardio. I stretch before workouts.

*Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies. Expect healthy meals from me. I continue to improvement my cooking.

*I prefer showering before I sleep. I sleep much better feeling clean. My face is prone to eczema. I apply a topical cream after I shower. I apply a different cream to control my blackheads and whiteheads when there are no signs of eczema.

*I apply a moisturizing cream on my hands during the day and before I sleep.

*I wear a retainer during my sleep permanently. I clean the retainer every three days.

*Laundry is done once a week.

*Nose hairs, finger nails, and toe nails are cut when needed.

*Deodorant is applied when I’m outdoors and sunscreen is applied on sunny days. I avoid applying sunscreen most of the time because I wear a hat.

That’s a lot of work and effort. I continue to find better ways and to find new ways to take care of myself. Stay clean everyone.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

1 comment:

Timothy said...

You know, taking care of yourself doesn't only improve your physical well-being; it also makes more confident about yourself. And why wouldn't you? There's no better way of boosting self-confidence than liking what you see in front of the mirror!

- Timothy Mclaney