Sunday, January 05, 2014

Press The Reset Button

I felt bloated and my stomach hurt at work on Thur Dec 26. I went home early. I had the stomach flu. I called in sick on Fri Dec 27.

I realized since Fri Dec 27 there was something wrong with me. My problem wasn't physical. My stomach flu recovery was fast--the fastest ever I could remember. My problem wasn't mental. I remained focus at work. I solved problems. My problem wasn't emotional. I didn't feel depressed. My problem wasn't spiritual. I believed in myself. And my problem wasn't financial.

What was the problem? I share my thought process to find the answer.

*Did I need a distraction? Distraction was good to take my mind off something I didn't want to think about. There was nothing I wanted to take my mind off. There were no negative thoughts or moments. My answer is no.

*Did I need to change something? Life has been good. Change has been going on since I found a job. There was no need to change anything else in the short-term. My answer is no.

*What was missing? Living on my own, working at a permanent position, meeting new people, creating new circle of friends, seeking new adventures, and experiencing new experiences are missing in my life. However, there's nothing missing in the short-term.

*Get back to who you were before. I didn't want to get back to being unemployed. I hope I'm never unemployed for the rest of my life. There is nothing to get back. I'm going forward.

*Time out. I'm going with the flow of good timing and good fortunes. No time out.

*Vacation. I can't afford a vacation.

*Were there mistakes to be corrected? I continue to correct the mistakes I made decades ago such as catching up what I missed in my 20s. There are no recent mistakes that must be corrected. My answer is no.

*Start over from the beginning. There was nothing life shattering or a life disaster that convinced me I must start over from the beginning.

*Find something new. There was nothing I needed new. It was like uninstalling Windows 7 and installing Windows 8 in my desktop.

*Reminded myself my past successes. Reviewed my basics living a successful and happy life. I remind myself weekly. The past successes aren't helping me solve my problem this time.

*Performed a checkpoint. I don't need a checkpoint to evaluate my current life. I want to continue living. There is no stopping in the short-term.

*Did I need a new identity? I'm always getting stronger, smarter, wiser, and kinder. My identity is always new. A new identify was not the solution for my current problem.

*Did I need a new attitude? My attitude continues to be positive and finding joy in good times and bad times. No attitude adjustment was needed.

*Reset. Yes, I need to reset my life.

Let's elaborate on resetting my life. There's nothing wrong physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and financially. There is nothing specifically wrong. There's nobody I hate. There are no problems at home. Everything is going well. I have a full time job. My life is moving forward instead of being paused.

Here's an analogy to reset my life. My life is a desktop computer. The hardware, software, operating system, network, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers are running good. Nothing needs to be changed, replaced, fixed, or upgraded. My desktop computer needs to restart to run smoothly again. The RAM is refreshed. The temp files are deleted. The cache is clean. The taskbar is clear.

Getting sick with the stomach flu was a blessing in disguise. I took the day off from work that made me realize I felt something wrong. I must find a solution. I'm lucky and I'm fortunate I solved the problem quickly.

The next time you feel something is wrong, try to reset your life. There may be no need for changes, to take a vacation, to take a time out, to start over again, or to perform a checkpoint. Reset your life to run smooth again.

No comments: