Monday, December 30, 2013

Work Dec 30, 2013

There was no full day kickback on Mon Dec 23. The first two hours were boring. The rest of the day was busy. The owner purchased Chinese food.

I learned more history about the company. The store opened for the first time on June 2009 at another location.

I wished my commute was easy on Tue Dec 24. I stopped at one red light on my final leg after the freeway. I was reminded when I worked at Cisco. I commuted on the expressway such that my morning commute I could drive through green lighted intersections between my entrance and my exit. Tue Dec 24 was also the first time I ate breakfast on the road. I purchased bagels at Safeway.

The store closed at 4pm for Christmas Eve. I clocked out at 4:43pm because pricing must be completed.

My attitude working on Thur Dec 26 was be professional. There were people who worked the day after Christmas. I didn't feel good the entire day. I felt bloated and I had gas such that I gained weight. I went to the bathroom multiple times. I didn't eat lunch. I requested my manager to clock out early because I felt worse.

My choice going home early was a good choice. I threw up minutes after I arrived home. I got the stomach flu. It was the first time I got sick since Nov 2012. I called in sick for Fri Dec 27.

I worked on Sat Dec 28 because of Christmas Day. There was chaos and stress throughout the store; for instance, an in-store event for invited guests only. Nobody took their lunch break. I ate my light lunch on my desk catching up what I missed on my sick day.

I went to the second store located in Los Gatos, CA for another invited only event on Sun Dec 29. There was confusion and workers untrained. The untrained workers included me. Everyone did their best. I was supposed to be at the Los Gatos location for 30 minutes. I ended up staying for 1.5 hours. It was good experience to see how the opening event went.

It was another easy commute today as the holiday continues. My feelings were I wanted to be alone; however, I'm not alone. There was something inside me that wants to reset my entire life. I didn't want to reflect my life. I didn't want to think about 2013. I wanted nobody else present. The last time I experienced wanting to be alone was in Dec 2004. Interesting and unusual. Further, these personal feelings have been experienced driving to and from work.

The store is closed on New Year's Day. I asked my manager earlier today. I'm scheduled to work Sat Jan 4, 2014.

No comments: