Sunday, December 21, 2014

A Second Look At 2013

It's the time of the year I look back at my 2013 blogs to give myself feedback. My goal is relearning from my mistakes, reinforcing my lessons, reminding myself my moments, refreshing acquired knowledge, and rediscovering new wisdom.

My Second Look At 2012 contained 15 blogs. Eleven blogs are included in the 2013 Second Look. Three of the eleven blogs are written Jan-May 2013. Eight of the eleven blogs are written Sep-Nov 2013. There were backward life moments which occurred during the first half of 2013. Momentum moved forward during the second half.

A Second Look 2013 was written much later than my past Second Look blogs. I believe it worked out because I lived additional months thinking about my 2013 blogs. A Second Look 2014 is planned to be written in Dec 2015.

I provide the title and link to the original blog, date, summary, and my feedback. Enjoy!

Blog Title: 1. A Concern That Requires My Attention
Date: Sunday January 20, 2013
Summary: I was concerned I lost my job skills, job strengths, and job knowledge. The last time I worked was Nov 2008. Use them or lose them.
Feedback: I took Accountemps online classes from Jan to Jun. Waste of time. The best classes to learn skills such as Excel and Python are YouTube and free online programming classes such as codecademy.com. Most printed books are a waste of money.

Blog Title: 2. Top Ten Songs That Cheers Me Up
Date: Wednesday February 27, 2013
Summary: My top ten songs in brief from ten to one: Crazy For You by Madonna, Don't Dream It's Over by Sixpence None The Richer, calmradio.com, Personality by Lloyd Price, F**kin! Perfect by Pink, Unwell by Matchbox Twenty, Better Days by Goo Goo Dolls, Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson, Hey Jude by The Beatles, and Let It Be by The Beatles.
Feedback: I replace number seven Personality by Lloyd Price with Ironic by Alanis Morissette. I add We Are The Champions by Queen in the honorable mention list. Adding the honorable mention song is a good example to write A Second Look blogs in December. I realized the song must be added on Thursday December 4, 2014.

Blog Title: 3. Top Ten Lessons My Parents Failed To Teach Me
Date: Thursday May 2, 2013
Summary: Parents are not perfect; however, my parents failed to teach me basic life lessons for which I learned the hard way. Summarizing the ten lessons does injustice. Click the link to read my top ten.
Feedback: Use it or lose it. These ten lessons are having an adverse effect on my parents during their retirement years. We rarely talk to each other. There's little family connection between us. They're bad at communicating and socializing. They have no friends. They still take life for granted as if nothing bad happens. They live avoiding conflicts. They don't want to do something new. They live a routine way.

Bonuses: Number 11 is teach your children well. My parents rarely taught me because they were terrible teachers. Number 12 is living too easy of a life is a bad lesson. I believe number 12 relates to number 2 which is taking life for granted. They live their lives with little effort.

Blog Title: 4. Reset Priorities
Date: Wednesday September 18, 2013
Summary: I looked at my daily activities to prioritize them. For example, first priorities were job searching and going to the gym. Second priorities were reading books and watching television.
Feedback: I blogged nine reset priorities and recent event blogs. I wanted to write nine blogs a month. These blogs should not have been written. Expressing frustration was the reason I wrote these blogs. Seven of the nine blogs were written between Jan and May.

Blog Title: 5. This Is My Leap Of Faith
Date: Wednesday October 9, 2013
Summary: I found faith. I rediscovered believing in myself. I rediscovered hope.
Feedback: One of 2013 best blogs. I read the blog weekly to remind myself to have faith, to believe, and to hope. The three are my Life Rule Number 7.

Blog Title: 6. "Let Me Think", A New Social Problem I Must Fix
Date: Saturday October 26, 2013
Summary: I'm an open person. I learned discretion is necessary even for open people. Think carefully before I speak.
Feedback: Let me think. Be discrete. Life Rule Number 8.

Blog Title: 7. My New Short Term Goals
Date: Sunday October 27, 2013
Summary: I created new goals after I stopped making goals in 2009.
Feedback: I update my goals using my missing puzzle pieces. The pieces are finding new friends, learning more job skills, living independent, consistent physical workouts, and finding a permanent job. Click here to read in detail my five missing pieces.

Blog Title: 8. The Correct Growing Up Part 2
Date: Monday October 28, 2013
Summary: I took back the growing up moment I experienced on Wednesday November 7, 2012. I interviewed for a contract position where the employees were having fun, talking with each other, and being loose. The experience backfired. I lived life with too much fun and being too loose in 2013. I made bad choices.
Feedback: My life became much better removing the growing up moment 2 in my life. My second growing up moment is coming soon. I'm still living grow up moment 1 since Saturday October 4, 2008.

Blog Title: 9. I Got This Feeling
Date: Sunday November 3, 2013
Summary: The feeling I discovered when I realized I must grow up came back. I felt friendly. I felt independent. No more shutting my door from the world.
Feedback: Another 2013 best blog. I read the blog as part of my weekly praying. The blog is part of my inspiration.

Blog Title: 10. Work Nov 23, 2013
Date: Saturday November 23, 2013
Summary: I started writing work blogs when I found a job at a retail start-up. It was my first job since my contract was terminated at Cisco in November 2008.
Feedback: I felt good going back to work. My ten months working at the company was worth it. My job abilities came back. It took a long time. My natural talents which include analyzing, concise explanations, and my computer skills came back.

Blog Title: 11. Top Ten Looking Forward To Do
Date: Tuesday November 26, 2013
Summary: I experienced hope my life started to get good. I wrote a list of ten life moments and experienced to fulfill in my future.
Feedback: I repeat my feedback from number 7. I want to add my five missing pieces to the top ten list. The pieces are finding new friends, learning more job skills, living independent, consistent physical workouts, and finding a permanent job. Click here to read in detail my five missing pieces.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: