Monday, October 28, 2013

The Correct Growing Up Part 2

There was a second growing up moment on Wed Nov 7, 2012. I interviewed for a contract position at Google. I observed the employees were having fun, getting along with each other, and being loose. The lesson I learned was personality. A good personality was important in interacting with people. Positive, cheerful, kindness, and joy were inside the building.

I followed up the next day creating my standard itinerary job searching on weekdays and relaxing on weekends; in other words, business on Mon-Fri and pleasure on Sat-Sun. I was approaching my life to begin another chapter to end playtime and to get serious. I wanted a balance life to find new adventures and experience new experiences taking advantage of being unemployed.

I take the second growing up moment back. I was wrong. The lessons I learned were misunderstood. I made the wrong changes in my life.

My life since Wed Nov 7, 2012 was too much fun and not enough job preparedness. There was pleasure every weekday when I should have delayed pleasure to weekends. I lost my focus on the most important priorities including working out at the gym, job searching, and keeping my job skills refreshed. However, I refreshed my accounting, Crystal Reports, Excel, and Access taking online classes in 2013. They were not enough. I'm still looking for a job. I needed more effort and more focus to learn new skills. I needed to spend more time job searching, improving my resume, and seeking advice.

The bottom line is I took life too lightly. I blew the good personality lesson out of proportion. I lived life with too much fun. There was no balance being serious, professional, relaxing, and loose. Playtime is now over.

What Is Your Growing Up Part 2 Moment?

The answer is multiple moments. The growing up part 2 has been going on since Wed Sept 18 when I reset my priorities. I needed to reorganize my life. My first priorities include job searching, learning or refreshing job skills, going to the gym, and listening to music. Watching TV and reading books are some of my second priorities. My third priorities are watching anime and playing video games; moreover, I'm retiring from anime.

Another growing up moment took place on Wed Oct 9. I discovered my own personal leap of faith. I never believed in myself. I had no faith. I needed to believe for my future successes. I needed faith. I have hope I have a bright future.

I'm correcting my current biggest personal problem I discovered on Sat Oct 26. Sometimes being an open person has adverse effects. I realized there were moments I lacked discretion when I communicated with people. I said too much or said something that was unnecessary. I hope the three words, "let me think", help me pause and think before I speak.

And I created short term goals for the first time since 2008 on Sun Oct 27. The four short term goals are review my job skills, find a job, find a permanent job, and move out of my parent's house. These four goals prove to me and to the world I continue my life journey to work hard and focus to act, behave, and think my age.

There is no end to growing up part 2 soon. There are more self-discoveries and lessons from my mistakes I blog soon. Stay tuned. I feel good and hopeful I'm going to have a good life I'm patiently waiting.

Side note 1: I believe I didn't get the job at Google because I made a mistake completing my background check application. I remember writing incorrect information. It's important to provide accurate references. Contractor companies must be mentioned in resumes and job application because of legal concerns. I knew I did a good job in the interview.

Side note 2: Here are the complete blogs I referenced:

*Reset Priorities

*This Is My Leap Of Faith

*"Let Me Think", A New Social Problem I Must Fix

*My New Short Term Goals

No comments: