Thursday, February 16, 2006

Now I’m A Victim Of A Crime :-(

There is a saying that love comes to you when you least expected. Today, the saying applies to me criminally. I’m a victim of a crime when I least expected. What happened? My Dad’s pick up truck was stolen. No way!!!

Description of the truck: 1984 model year, 5 speed manual, 150,000 plus miles . . . fair condition for an old truck. What doesn’t make sense is the truck’s paint is chipping away, the plastic interiors and dashboard are breaking apart, no air condition, the cassette deck doesn’t work properly, gets crappy gas mileage, and the manual transmission needs a checkup. Furthermore, the truck has more of its share of crimes. The truck was vandalized twice, money stolen in the ash tray, and gas stolen by siphoning using the front yard garden hose.

I suspect the criminals saw the driver side door unlocked. I’m sorry to say I forgot to lock the door last night (and I’m still pissed). The criminals saw tools and equipment in the extended cab compartment and choose to take both tools and equipment and the truck. How did the thieves start the truck? One possibility is the criminals open the hood and started the car from the engine. I’m getting the impression the criminals know their cars. An amateur probably doesn’t know how to start a car without a key.

As of the Blog entry, my parents are taking it pretty well. Don’t know what’s going to happen tonight. Don’t worry everyone. They are not the type of people who yells at their kids. The necessary police report filed and insurance claim submitted. My Dad called earlier and the insurance is going to provide $15.00 a day for a rental car.

My Dad really liked the truck even in its fair condition. To make up for the mistake, I’m going to offer to pay for a new truck. My dad can choose the truck and I pay for it 100%.

After the theft, I am never going to understand the minds of criminals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: