Thursday, February 09, 2006

Deja Vu At Jack In The Box

Yesterday, I attended my company’s office in Pleasanton for a half-day meeting. The meeting ended early and everyone went home.

With extra time between leaving the meeting and my night class, I stopped by a Jack In The Box and ordered a Jumbo Jack Combo with curly fries upgrade. When I sat down to eat my meal, I remembered a similar event in February 1998.

It was February 1998. I just graduated at San Jose State University. I was doing errands and I stopped by a Jack In The Box and I ordered the Spicy Chicken Sandwich combo with curly fries upgrade. I was also searching for a job. It could be any entry-level job. Nobody wanted me :-( I felt depressed yet upbeat that everything was going to be O.K.

I felt the same way yesterday. I felt depressed yet upbeat that everything was going to be O.K. I don’t like my job. My company stinks. I’m going to create a new future, and I hope after I finish taking the business plan class, new opportunities open up.

I believe everyone experiences Deja Vu. For me, I experience much, much more in my dreams. It sounds weird. It’s true XD I remember a few repeated dreams such as living in an apartment complex, going back to grade school and choosing teams in P.E., and driving in the streets of Los Angeles in my Dad’s pickup.

I take Deja Vu as another opportunity to correct the mistake or another chance to accomplish the goal. In the movie Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray and Andie McDowell, Murray’s day repeated and repeated. To end the repetition, Murray and McDowell must fall in love. Murray had to figure it out and did a trial and error to fall in love with McDowell.

The next time there is Deja Vu, think whether the event or situation is a repeat and do it differently. Chances are it may be the correct move. Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: