Friday, February 10, 2006

31 Going On 21

One common saying to immature people is “Act Your Age.” We know people or heard of people who don’t act their age. I admit I’m one of them. Fortunately, I’m a gentleman and I’m going to be a better gentleman XD

O.K. What the heck am I talking about? I’m 31 years old according to my birth record. I’m 21 years old in terms of life experience. I feel I wasted 10 years of my life and I’m catching up big time today. I started in late 2002 reading financial books and learning new ideas and concepts. I really got into catching up in 2005 expanding my reading subjects, traveling, opening myself up to others, and doing new stuff. What did I do? Click http://www.innovateinfinitely.com/aboutinin.html and scroll down to How do I ININ? under the subheading 2005. (For the record, the 2005 subheading is missing the Washington Canada Trip, Oregon Trip, cosplaying as a second character, and finished reading three books. I didn’t have enough time to update. Thank you.)

What did I do to waste 10 years of my life? Half of the 10 years were in college. When I attended San Jose State University (SJSU), I didn’t make any friends. Major mistake. SJSU was known as a commuter school. Most students attended school for classes only. After their classes, they went home or went to work. I was one of them. Another mistake while at SJSU was I never worked part-time job during my entire college career. I started working in Summer 1996, four years since I started as a freshman. And the last big mistake was I never learned anything new outside SJSU. When I graduated SJSU, I learned academic knowledge; in other words, knowledge from a textbook. I didn’t learn anything outside of the textbook. I felt dumb when I started my life in the real world.

The other half of the 10 years was spread out between my childhood and high school years and during my early years after I graduated SJSU. The three mistakes I mentioned above are enough to prove my point *__* Although, I did experience my first love when I was in junior high ^__^

Since 2005, I experienced new experiences I should have done while in my early 20s, not my early 30s. In 2006 so far, I’m meeting more new people, taking a night class, reading more books, and planning new adventures. I feel I’m 21 because I act like a 21 year old—I have the experience and wisdom of a 21 year old. I have 10 years of catch up. Better keep my mind open at all times to suck in the knowledge and experience *pumps fist in the air*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: