Thursday, December 03, 2009

De Anza Week Nov 30, 2009

Mon Nov 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing holiday. My Thanksgiving was great. We had good meals for a change and no more boring dinners. I played video games and shopped on Black Friday finding bargains. Those were two different activities I usually don't do. No complains because I have other important activities than video games and I save money spending less.

In accounting, we finished Chapter 8. Wed is Chapter 9. The term project is due Mon Dec 7. Chapter 8 talked about fraud and safeguarding a business. The lecture reminded me when I worked at Blockbuster. I was naive working there. I trusted everyone. I never thought Blockbuster employees could steal and couldn't be trusted. I was wrong. There was an incident in the Los Altos store where the store manager, an assistant manager, and a worker stole. I have a better understanding the procedures managers and employees must follow. The procedures protected the company from fraud, theft, and unscrupulous workers.

The instructor shared stories from his clients. A few of his client's companies committed fraud. A few of his client's committed theft. One time the instructor worked at a company. One co-worker didn't show up for work for two weeks. His motorcycle was found two weeks later in Nevada. He was never seen again. He was suspected of theft. And another company the instructor worked at someone broke into his office to steal blank checks. He needed money because he was addicted to drugs.

Side note on drugs: oxycodone is a pain-killing drug that is highly addictive. It's more addictive than cocaine. Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone

There was a great turnout for dance class after the Thanksgiving weekend. We reviewed the Nite Club Two Step for the Dance Demonstration Wed night. We started entering in the stage, dancing three times, and exiting out the stage. We repeated for the second time. Perfect practice makes perfect. The rehearsal was good. Then we spent the rest of the class on the Hustle. I didn't have time to review the Hustle before Accounting.

Wed Dec 2, 2009

I woke up at 4:50am to register for Winter Quarter '10 classes at 5am. There were problems with registration. I successfully registered and got my classes around 8:30am. I'm taking Financial Accounting II, Payroll and Business Tax, Peachtree Software Training, Social Dance-Wed, and Beginning Singing. The singing class is for Beatles Rock Band. I mentioned in past De Anza blogs that I'm spoiled (and lucky) I don’t need to take GE classes.

The instructor took the entire class meeting to lecture Chap 9. He went fast. He stopped to share personal stories. The lecture wasn't boring. I didn't feel sleepy. The end of the class some students left class early. The instructor was pissed. He gave everyone four points for staying the entire class meeting.

Mon Dec 7 the term project is due. The instructor is going to review for the final giving us an outline. The rest of the week I finish the term project and then I study Chap 1-8. I start on Chap 9 on Sun Dec 6. I feel it's better to review what I learned already instead of reviewing all nine chapters.

The dance demonstration was today. All students must arrive at 6:30pm. We practiced at the lobby before 7pm, the time doors opened. My Nite Club Two Step and Cha Cha Cha classes danced around 7:15pm. The Nite Club Two Step went perfect. Unfortunately, the Cha Cha Cha was not perfect. For some reason, everyone forgot the last steps in the Cha Cha Cha. Everyone. What were the chances everyone forgot? We all froze. Could someone continue the Cha Cha Cha and everyone else followed? Nope. Fortunately, the second and third times we danced the Cha Cha Cha correctly. There was a long pause between the first time and the second time because we ended the first Cha Cha Cha early. No worries. The dance demonstration was informal and it was all dance classes showing their dances. No awards for first place.

I'm still in the dance mood as I finish the blog. Friday morning and afternoon I self practice all the dances I learned.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: