Thursday, December 03, 2009

The Sign Of My Times

ABC's Nightline has a segment titled the "Sign Of The Times." We live in the information age. Our lifestyles changes quickly. Times have changed. Nightline documents the sign of the times.

Adapting Nightline's "Sign Of The Times," I create an occurring blog segment titled, "Sign Of My Times" or SOMT pronounced SOM-T for short. My life has been changing, especially since Sat Oct 4, 2008, the day I realized I must grow up. SOMT is my blogs sharing the changes and innovations my life from yesterday to today. I start SOMT with a common moment almost every driver experienced that is owning their first car.

Sign Of My Times: My First Car

Everyone has a dream car. My dream car is the Audi A6. For some of us, our dream car was not our first car for legitimated reasons including cost and practically. My second dream car is the Toyota Tundra. I don't need a truck in my life now. My first car is the 2005 Toyota Camry purchased in May 2007.

Before I purchased my Camry, I drove my parent's cars. From 1997-2007, the family owned a 1984 Toyota truck, a 1991 Honda Civic, a 1992 and 1997 Mercury Sable, and a 2000 Toyota Camry (purchased in 2005). The Sables were junk. The Toyota truck and Honda Civic were old and unpractical as it grew older, but reliable. My Dad could have done a better job taking car of the Toyota and Honda. I digress.

My Dad purchased a 2007 Toyota Tacoma in Aug 2007. Currently, my Mom drives the 2000 Camry, my Dad drives the Tacoma, and I drive the 2005 Camry. Oh, my sister drives her 2004 Camry. My family and I drive better technology and more efficient cars.

I went on new adventures, created new experiences, and my friends were able to ride with me when I hung out with them thanks to my car. I drove to anime conventions in Southern California. I drove to Santa Rosa to visit the Charlie Brown museum. I drove to Monterey two times since 2007. I helped my friends by giving rides.


Owning a car shows independence. I do whatever I want to. I go wherever I want to. I take care of my car myself including car washes, top of the line tires, and 5,000 mile oil changes.

Everything great that happened to me involving my 2005 Camry is small moments. The big moments are coming soon.

Side note: If I blog a SOMT from my cell, the blog begins with "SOMT:" or SOMT followed by a colon.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: