Friday, December 11, 2009

De Anza Week Dec 7, 2009

Mon Dec 7, 2009

I remembered to print my accounting term project before I went to class. I placed more emphasis on the final than the term project. Regardless of the grade I earned on the project, I learned something reading financial statements.

The first five minutes of class the instructor showed us real time pics of skiing mountains in Utah. We saw Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort and Alta Ski Area. I'm going to ski one of these days.

The rest of the class the instructor reviewed for the final. There is so much to know it's information overload. I'm reminded of the days at SJSU. Cumulative finals were harsh.

The instructor didn't spend time finishing Chapter 9 homework. Looking at the review outline, it doesn't look like a Chap 9 problem is going to be included. I'm iffy at Chap 9 because we went fast on Chap 8 and Chap 9. However, looking at Chap 9 at home earlier today, I'm making the material hard. It's not as hard as I thought.

My plan is to begin with Chapters 6-9 and then continue with Chapters 1-5. The end of each chapter I work on the big problems and skip the brief exercises. Next, I look at the lecture notes. Finally, I look at the outline. I should follow the plan twice. If I study a third time, then I'm overstudying. I either understand it or I don’t.

Wed Dec 9, 2009

My accounting final is Thur Dec 10. Today I attended my dance class. We learned a new Salsa move and reviewed Salsa, Cha Cha Cha, West Coast Swing, and Fox Trot. The instructor mentioned Winter '10 classes begin at a later time. She encouraged us to take dancing again next quarter.

Comparing Mon and Wed classes, Wed class was the better of the two. The dances I learned Mon and Wed were great. The difference was the students in the Wed class was much better than Mon; in particular, the students I met in Spring '09 some returned for Fall '09.

Thur Dec 10, 2009

Accounting final. My first final since I graduated at San Jose State in Dec 1997. The extra studying before I went to class was useless. The accounting class proved to me extra studying is useless. The extra studying when I attended San Jose State was mostly useless. I say extra studying helped me about 5-10% of the time. Next quarter I repeat my studying habits avoiding extra studying. It's either I know it or I don't.

The final was comprehensive. Most of the multiple choice questions were straight forward. A few were tricky. There were three questions I had no idea the answer. I don't remember reading nor remember the instructor lecturing the concept. To repeat, it's either I know it or I don't. The short answer questions and the math were no problems.

I picked up my term paper after I submitted my final. I got an A grade. My score entering the final looks good for an A grade.

Before the final, a few students wanted to check their grade to know what they have entering the final. That delayed the instructor passing out the final. The instructor should have passed out the grade sheet on the last day of class for students to know where they are entering the final.

Highlights

There was one highlight that took place on Sun Nov 1. I realized I'm a human being just like my classmates and just like the students at the campus center. The month of Oct was one of my worse months in 2009. I was borderline depressed. I was lucky I took one class that was significant. If I had more classes and felt depressed, I don't think I earn high scores in my exams and homework. I'm human. I experience positive feelings such as happy and cheery and negative feelings such as depress and lonely.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: