Friday, January 14, 2011

De Anza Week Jan 10, 2011

Mon Jan 10

The second week of classes started today. My Intermediate Acct and Intro to Business classes are boring. I have to concentrate staying awake sometimes instead of concentrating on the lecture. I adjust and take necessary steps to make the best out of the boring class meetings. The only positive so far is I earn attendance credit for both classes.

The Intermediate Acct professor passed out a blank sheet of paper to write our names. I looked inside my notebook to find my name sheet from Fall ’10. He wanted all of us to display our names to assist him in engaging the class. How about improve your lectures first?

I went to the library after eating my late lunch to finish reading Chapter 13 in Intermediate Acct. I had extra time before dance class. I went to the computer lab to check my email. I saw a classmate from a past class. We talked about jobs, Christmas vacation, and Fall ’10 quarter.

There were a few students who dropped dance class. That was expected. There were more students who added. That was unexpected. The bottom line was we had more students tonight than last Mon. We continued learning the Nite Club Two Step. Personally for me, I learned key postures, hand and arm positions, and footwork in the dance I didn’t learn the first time. There are many female students’ names that begin with the letter “M.” It’s going to be rough remembering their names.

Wed Jan 12

All of Fall ’10 and Winter ’11 so far has been hard to focus because my classes are boring. My Intermediate Acct instructor knows accounting. The problem is he can’t teach. His lectures are boring and hard to comprehend. My Intro to Business instructor is boring because he teaches the concepts too simple; although, part of the reason is my fault because I know some of the material from my Economics degree and accounting classes. Also, the homework is too easy. Really, it’s too easy. I know I continue to mention all of this in future blogs.

The Intermediate Acct professor stopped in the middle of a lecture asking the students where was our name sheets? Only two or three placed their name sheets in front of them. The professor called out students from the roster to read sample CPA questions on the projector.

We continued learning the West Coast Swing dance. There were a few students who dropped. We still had a good turnout. I expected more students to drop next week. The class was slowly learning the basic sugar push. There were a few students who either learned quickly or had prior experience. All of the students cooperated in rotating partners. That’s the best way to learn dancing with different students. One pair of students never rotated. Its better they don’t because one of my friends almost got into a fight with him.

The movie for the week is Rear Window. Last week’s movie was Chinatown.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: