Friday, January 28, 2011

23 Is Too Short

I received sad news an acquaintance I met in 2006 past away. Fructose, her nickname, passed away on Tue Jan 25 at the age of 23. We met in Santa Cruz at a mini gathering. We hung out at a few more gatherings and at a couple of anime conventions. She was an anime fan and a cosplayer. She worked at a medical clinic in central California.

My first reaction was 23 is too young to die. Then I thought back what I did when I was 23. I graduated from San Jose State. My gaming group had the best Robotech role playing game adventures and I was introduced to Advanced Dungeon & Dragons. I continued working at Blockbuster. The Florida Marlins defeated the San Francisco Giants in the NLDS. My family went to Reno for a summer weekend vacation. I worked at my first job after college.

Then I thought about my life today. I continue to catch up what I missed in my 20s. I continue to seek new adventures, experience new experiences, and learn new things I could have and should have done in my 20s. Live life today. This is the present. Live it. I'm sure Fructose lived her young life the best she could.

The information I received how she died is she failed to recover after being sick for 11 days. I believed she was admitted in a hospital. I don’t know the specifics.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: