Saturday, January 01, 2011

Established Today And Tomorrow

I ask myself, “How do I know I established myself?” I look at my personally, my soul, my finances, my possessions, my beliefs, and my lifestyle. I observe many people and many families when I’m out of the house. There are lots of people, couples, and families that look established; however, I think most of them are not established. They are partially established such as a couple preparing to have kids, a family moving to a new house, or a person earning a promotion. On the other hand, a couple broke up, a family experiencing financial problems, or a person losing a job.

My answer to my question is I think I’m established, but I’m not. I look back and remember the last ten years. There were days I said, “Okay, this is who I am.” Weeks or months later, I’m someone else. Sometimes, I’m someone better. For example, from 2002-2008, I started reading non-fiction books including business and financial. In 2008, I started reading fiction books and read less non-fiction. Another example happened in 2001. I followed a workout plan I made up from 2001-2008. I followed a new and better workout plan in 2008. In 2004, I started wearing costumes in anime conventions. I had no interest in wearing costumes when I started attending anime conventions in 1997. And before 2006, I had few friends. I didn’t need lots of friends. I enjoyed life most of the time by myself. Today, I have lots of friends, and many more to make.

I believe we never achieve 100% establishment. I believed I establish myself reading non-fiction books (I hated fiction at the time), working out my workout plan, attending anime conventions in street clothes, and living alone for the reset of my life. I changed. Life changes daily for better or for worse and in good and bad times. We may be established financial and consumption wise such as cars, a place to live, and retirement. I don’t think we establish our souls, our daily lifestyles, and our beliefs. Everyday life is different, life innovates, and life flows anywhere. We learn, discover, and wonder. Our thoughts, beliefs, and knowledge change. There is always something to improve, to change, and to innovate ourselves.

If we live life the same daily, then we’re established. Most of us don’t live life the same. Thus, we’re never fully established.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: