Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Throwback Blog: Reset Priorities

Blogger’s Note: Throwback blogs are blogs from my past. I start posting past blogs reflecting what I wrote. It's like my "A Second Look" blogs for which I give myself feedback.

Today's throwback blog is titled Reset Priorities in Sep 2013. The blog is full of crap. I reset my life too many times. No more resetting. Priorities update. Priorities change. I do my best to live a good life consistently. Sometimes I change my priorities. Sometimes life changes my priorities.

My updated first priorities today compared to my Sep 2013 first priorities are the following: daily job search six days a week instead of two times a day five days a week; no more online classes for which I self-teach myself reading books and watching YouTube tutorials; cleaning the house is every four-five weeks instead of every three weeks; errands are reduced; gym is four days a week which includes weekends; and music includes classical music when I eat breakfast.

Social life is downgraded to second priority. Writing blogs are reduced from nine times a month to seven. A new first priority is listening to my favorite podcasts. Another new first priority is eight hours of sleep per night.

Reading books is upgraded to first priority. Board games remain second priority. All television is third priority. There are no more watching anime and playing video games because I retired those two hobbies.


I went to bed at 4am today because I finished reading a book on my laptop. The event inspired me to reset my priorities. I fell behind in my weekday priorities. I have been waking up in the late mornings throughout the summer. I want a sleeping schedule as if I work an 8-5 job.

My two goals resetting are consistent weekdays & weekends activities and going to sleep earlier. Here are my three priority tiers:

First Priority

*Job Search. Searching for a job is top priority. I search online using multiple sources. They include Careerbuilder, Monster, Indeed, Dice, and some local companies posting their own jobs.

*Online Classes. There are days I take a break from job searching. I take online classes to keep my job skills and knowledge sharp. Online classes are just as important as job searching.

*Home Care. Cooking, vacuuming the house, washing dishes, laundry, moping, cleaning toilets, and taking out the trash.

*Email. Sending and replying email to my family, friends, and job prospects.

*Errands. I want to spend a couple hours outdoors. I can't stay indoors every morning and afternoon. I visit the bank, shop at grocery stores, fill my car with gas, and mail letters at the post office.

There are indoor errands such as paying bills and organizing my desk.

*Gym. Physical activity is important. I workout in the evenings.

*Social Life. Interacting with people is important. We can't live a lonely life.

*Blog. You're reading my blog. I appreciate it. Writing blogs is another way to keep my job skills sharp. Written communication is important in many careers.

*Music. Music helps me concentrate. I listen to music when I search for a job and when I'm in the kitchen. I listen to classical rock, classical music, classic jazz, and Japanese music.

Second Priority

*Books. I read 75% fiction and 25% non-fiction. Reading relaxes me.

*TV Shows. I watch selected television shows. I'm picky what I watch. I can't and I don't watch TV hours and hours a day. However, I select a Sat or a Sun night for a marathon.

*TV Sports. I separate sports because I don't have cable. If I see a sports game on networking television, it gets a higher priority.

*Board Games. I like board games because it's a way to get people together for an activity. Board game gatherings are important socially and leisurely.

Third Priority

*Anime. I've been an anime fan since 1996. My anime interest is very casual today because of new interests and priorities. I still receive good entertainment value from the series I currently watch. I'm picky what I watch just like TV shows.

*Video Games. I'm a very casual video gamer. I don't make time to play video games. Team Fortress 2 is the only game I played for many hours in 2013.

*TV Sports. I mention sports again because there are some games I can watch. I have better uses for my time sometimes. The best example is a football game blowout.

I Can't Do It

There were quite a few one time activities, events, and requests for help that occupied multiple days in 2013; thereby, falling behind in my priorities. They were selling on Ebay, a family from Los Angeles visiting, two visual novels, helping my family with tech problems, attending Fanime Con, editing costume photos from Fanime, and researching new smart phones.

I'm going to say no to more one time activities, events, and requests for help. I either have no time or no interest. I say yes to emergencies and urgencies obviously. I still find time for new adventures and new experiences. They're fewer in the short-term. I continue to stay loose and have fun. I must find a job to move forward. My life has been on pause or moving in slow motion at best.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: