Sunday, March 08, 2020

2019 Year In Review. It Was Barely A Good Year.

Maybe waiting two months is a good idea to post my prior year review. I have two months to reflect the prior year. What did I do wrong? Learn from the mistakes. What did I do correctly? Reinforce the positives. Could I have done something different? What were the good choices? What were the bad choices? I select my 2019 Moment Of The Year first. There were highlights. I reflect my 2019 second.

2019 Moment Of The Year

Nominees: Consistent Gym Workouts, Discretionary Spending In Check, Innovating Common Knowledge Blogs To My Webpage, Hiking, HP Spectre x360 Laptop, Learn Life Skills Better Now Than Never, Rage Quit Bloons Tower Defense 6 Or BTS6 Video Game Indefinitely, Self-Trained Genius, Sickness Free Year, The Shawshank Redemption Movie
Explanation: I brought back my third gym workout plan I started in 2016. I followed the late Steve Jobs' philosophy living a simple life minimizes money worries. I finally posted my blogs on my webpage decades later. I mixed-up one weekend a month by hiking Sep-Dec. I purchased a new laptop to replace my HP Compaq 8510p since Jul 2008. I have been learning rope knots, sew a button, paper airplanes, and Morse Code. I uninstalled BTD6; in addition, I uninstalled Ascension and Pandemic video game apps. The end of the day I'm one step closer to become a genius. I took no drugs because I wasn't sick; although, I admit there were at least four close calls being fully blown sick. The Shawshank Redemption movie might have saved my life.
What Won: Consistent Gym Workouts
What Should Have Won: Self-Trained Genius
My Thoughts Mar 2020: Physical workouts win for the second year in a row. My physical appearance is the best ever. I begin a fourth workout plan in Mar 2020. Many people are afraid or uncomfortable of geniuses for whatever reasons. I scare myself sometimes when my thinking is one step deeper the following days. The uneasiness prevented Self-Trained Genius winning.

I can't explain why I waited decades to post my blogs on my webpage. Click Innovating Common Knowledge Blog on my webpage to read my blogs. ¬¬¬One of the four hikes was a new trail Montara Mountain trail at San Pedro Valley Park in Pacifica, CA. My backpacking equipment collected dust. I might as well do something different going outside while unemployed.

My new laptop running Windows 10 is fast. I watched Windows 10 YouTube videos for a crash course. I can't explain why it took me decades to learn life skills. More learning is expected. I want to be useful. I uninstalled BTS6, Ascension, and Pandemic gaming apps to prioritize working out at the gym, reading books, learning skills, and sleeping. I feel happy I wasn't sick in 2019. I was sick three times in 2018.

It took me decades to watch The Shawshank Redemption because a friend from college told me there was no point watching the movie. My friend was wrong. I'm not elaborating the movie because I don't want to give any spoilers. The movie is number one in the IMDb top 250 movies.

Reflect 2019

My 2020 feeling is another cautious optimistic year like 2019. I keep my feeling good moments in check. I asked the question, "How do I recover from three consecutive bad years?" in 2019. My answer is keep living. Continue moving forward. Mix up life. Try something new. Take a chance. Continue learning. These answers are cliques. These answers are true. The new hikes, replace my old laptop, learn rope knots, and refresh my Excel are good examples. In addition, the old school activities are valid today such as reading books, working out at the gym for physical activity mixing up workout plans, and minimizing eating junk food while trying new foods. Doing nothing leads to nothing.

My life is like professional sports. I can't win the championship. I can win games. I can win playoff games to advance to the next round. I lose the biggest game of the season. I don't win freedom. I don't earn freedom. I elaborate my hands are inches away from the freedom championship trophy in a future blog.

All years were good when the prior year had momentum. Good 2004 was the exception because there was no 2003 momentum. There was 2014 momentum for a good 2015. There was no 2015 momentum for a bad 2016. There was no 2016 momentum for a bad 2017. There was no 2017 momentum for a bad 2018. What if the 2018 momentum needed more time for a future good year? In other words, the 2018 momentum needed 2019 for a 2018 and 2019 momentum for a good 2020. Time will tell.

2019 Letter Grade: C+

2019 is a barely a good year scoring a 51/49 good/bad. My best is 60/40 good/bad. The Self-Trained Genius increases the grade a third from a C to a C+.

Update On A Past Blog

I want to remind people about quiet people from the blog Another Perspective On Quiet People on Feb 20, 2019. Sometimes people are quiet because they have a lot on their minds; likewise, when people are in a new environment for the first time mostly. The update is another reminder quiet people are not necessarily people who don't want to be with other people.

No comments: