Wednesday, June 29, 2022

I Got Stuff Done Because I Didn't Play Video Games

I'm bored. I'm not bored in a bad way as if I lack motivation. I'm bored in a good way because I completed all tasks. Priorities are accomplished. I'm caught up. There are no new books to read. I plan to buy books on the next free day. I watched the NBA Finals Golden State Warriors and Boston Celtics. There are no outstanding blogs. The latest physical workouts are completed. Cooking is done for today and tomorrow. Life skills reviewed. My job skills training is ongoing. There is no rush to finish the big projects. I expect multiple days to learn.

Full Disclosure

I'm retired from playing video games; however, I have been playing classic video games for the first time because of the free time due to the COVID-19 global pandemic. The last video game I played was Call Of Duty: World At War on Mar 2022. The last video game I completed was Final Fantasy VIII on Feb 2022. I completed Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy VII. I played video games in the past. I play video games in the future. I play no video games in the present.

Update On A Past Blog

I wrote another blog on video games titled Video Games Are A Depression on Jul 14, 2021. There's nothing wrong with video games as a leisure activity. Nobody must believe video games cures depression. Nobody must believe video games makes people happy. Video games can be addicting. The depressed person plays video games to be happy. No happiness. The person continues to be depressed. The person plays more video games. The cycle repeats.

I challenge the depressed video gamer to stop playing video games for two weeks. Get up and do something, anything. My suggestions are sleep more hours, eat healthier, learn a new skill, and review an existing skill. Get motivated.

No comments: