Sunday, July 10, 2022

Acknowledgements

Today's blog is more thank yous from the blog Top Ten Thank Yous on Nov 23, 2014. A few are mentioned again from the blog.

My parents. They're not really dumb. They're slow, lazy, take life for granted, and rely on luck too much. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on perspective, they have more good luck than me. Their support is passive. Their parenting is minimally good for which most children with toxic parents prefer my parents. I'm sincerely grateful. Regardless, I realized years ago I solve problems on my own.

A specific recognition to my mom for making my cosplay costumes and teaching basic cooking. A specific recognition to my dad for teaching me automotive basic maintenance and driving a manual transmission.

Appu. My technical advisor. The best person I know who explains anything technology any grandparent understands. He introduced me to Linux and Python. The two skills are paying off.

Punkbuster. Bodybuilding.com

Vgan. My first manager at my first job after I graduated San Jose State University. He was my manager at my second job. I knew you wanted to train me in everything. Everything! Unfortunately, circumstances prevented my training. I was your project you took personally. My intuition told me you had marriage problems. I was your distraction.

The late Steve Jobs. I read your biography written by Walter Isaacson twice. Your biography is my all-time favorite book across all genres. I'm wiser. I live part my life today based off Jobs.

Fanime Con Forums. Short-term and long-term friendships were formed. Unfortunately, my retirement from anime naturally made me leave quietly. I grew out. Life goes on. Lifetime memories created. Are we going to meet up again? God only knows. The forum members to be acknowledged: appu, Chun, Dev, gmontem, LastExlir, Loktera, mduo13, Spiritsnare, and Tsubasa.

"You know the carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while, it always come back." --Ryoko, Tenchi Muyo

Thundercloud. Stocks, investments, Washington-Canada vacations, and Las Vegas.

Kimu. A master cosplayer. You saved me from Yaoi Con 2008.

My sister. She introduced social dancing.

Leeza. A social dancing organizer.

Cousin Chris. Introduced GI Joe, Transformers, MASK, and baseball cards to my brother and I.

Cousin Alan. I experienced both camping and backpacking at Zion National Park for the first time.

The San Jose State University classmates and staff: Economics Lecturer Blackerby the best instructor; Economics Professor Ortega who taught me how to write; Mathematics Lecturer McClory who hired me as a math tutor for my first paying job; China man Thomas who changed majors from Computer Science to Economics and fluent in Spanish because you are born in Brazil; Joyce in Earth Science good luck being a police officer; my gun partner art major playing Area 51 in the Student Union; Linda, an Economics major classmate and popular among us majors, who was hired as an intern at the Redevelopment Agency for which I was the runner-up, no hard feelings; and JoshC my Physics 61 lab partner majoring in general engineering who saved my ass.

O'Connor Hospital. I was diagnosed with Acute Gallstone Pancreatitis. Many first-time life experiences: emergency room, hospital inpatient, two surgeries, hospital food, and blood tests. I thank the doctors, nurses, and staff.

Montarbo. The Blockbuster Video store manager who hired me twice.

JDulay. My second manager at my second job who was fired. Lesson learned: have nothing, do nothing, get nothing, be nothing, and people treat you like nothing.

South Bay Job Search Network. Turnout was always low during my weekly attendance. I learned about job searching from people who actually lost their jobs and found new jobs instead of career counselors.

The Shermans. I believe you influenced my parents more than my dad helped you. Thank you for selling your used cars to my mom and I.

The Shawshank Redemption. My acknowledgements are more than people. The movie realized I have been doing many things correctly. I had to convince myself. The movie also saved my soul. Good Will Hunting is another movie worth acknowledging.

Arashii. She called me out to tell me to stop complaining about everything. She's a person with more wisdom than a 50+ year old adult.

Mahjong. The South Bay Mahjong group and Pacific Mahjong League. Everyone opened me up how to play Mahjong for real.

Any acknowledgements I missed are acknowledged in future blogs under Update On A Past Blog.

No comments: