Friday, July 15, 2022

Treasure Hunting At Ross Dress For Less

I shopped at Ross earlier today for the first time since May 1, 2017 when I purchased a Nike gym shirt for $10. I was lucky to see the Nike gym shirt. I was unlucky today. I found no Nike gym shirt.

I give Ross and its competitors credit. Their discount department store business model can be addicting. No Wed or Sun advertisements. The discounted price is what shoppers see. The inventory is attractive for bargain shoppers. No inventory is held in the back room. The shopping is luck and timing. The shopping is either a good day with purchases or a bad day with no purchases.

I buy books at used bookstores and library fund raising used book sales. I realize shopping at used book sales can be similar at discount department stores. The used book prices are what shoppers see. The books are attractive for book readers. No books are held in the back room. The shopping is luck and timing. The shopping is either a good day with purchases or a bad day with no purchases.

I understand why there are regular shoppers at discount department stores. These regulars are treasuring hunting like when I shop at used bookstores and used book sales. I find a treasure when a book on my wish list is purchased at used book sales.

Update On A Past Blog

I choose my most recent Black Friday Black Friday 2021 written on Dec 23, 2021 to blog my Jul Amazon Prime Day like purchases. A positive capitalism benefit is market competition. Amazon Prime Day was Jul 12-13, 2022. Competitors released their own version of Prime Day. I took advantage shopping online at Nike and Target. My Nike purchase was the same shoes Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit 2 Men's Road Running Shoes I purchased on Black Friday 2021 for approximately the same price. My Target bare necessities purchases were toothpaste, shaving gel, a finger splint for the first-aid kit, and bar soap. My Target home necessities purchases were floor cleaner, toothpicks, and snack bags.

No comments: