Sunday, July 17, 2022

Grading My Past Years On A Curve

I'm regrading my past years. I give myself permission for additional happiness even though it's fake and it's temporary for one day. There are no F grades. My past grading blogs: Grading My Past Years on Aug 13, 2018 for 1998-2017, 2018 Year In Review. Three Consecutive Bad Years For The First Time in My Life. on Mar 9, 2019 for 2018, 2019 Year In Review. It Was Barely A Good Year. on Mar 8, 2020 for 2019, 2020 Year In Review on Mar 27, 2021 for 2020, and 2021 Year In Review on Mar 26, 2022 for 2021.

1998 (Grade: B): I got my first full-time job after I graduated college. I self-taught Microsoft Access strengthened my resume. One of my two weekend vacations was my first time experiencing freedom.

1998 (Curve Grade: B+): I give myself additional credit I had no mentor at my first full-time job. I could have screwed up.

1999 (A): Microsoft Access helped me get a better job. I attended the biggest anime convention Anime Expo for the first time. I experienced life going my way for the first time. The flow felt good.

1999 (Curve: A): No curve for A's.

2000 (D): The Y2K problem never happened. On the other hand, the stock market crashed. Innovate Infinitely was created. Life didn't go my way. There was no flow.

2000 (Curve: C-): The end of 2000 life began to go my way.

2001 (B-): A roller coaster good year with good moments and bad moments. Anime Expo was at Long Beach, CA. I watched a Golden State Warriors basketball game at courtside. 9/11 changed the world forever.

2001 (Curve: B): I recognize a roller coaster good year again. Good years should be a minimum B grade.

2002 (B-): A roller coaster bad year with good moments and bad moments. The months Sep-Dec were good including my boss fired, shopping on eBay for the first time, and a Thanksgiving SoCal trip.

2002 (Curve: B): Likewise for 2000. The end of 2002 life began to go my way. 2002 was still a bad year.

2003 (B): Good anime conventions after bad anime conventions in 2002. Back-to-back wedding vacations in SoCal gave my family a road trip vacation which included Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. I failed to meet new people and make new friends.

2003 (Curve: B+): I'm being too generous. The end of 2003 life began to go against me. 2003 was still a good year.

2004 (A): If the only bad moments were two anime conventions, then I had a good year. I wore a costume at an anime convention for the first time. I created my own webpage Innovate Infinitely. I visited Las Vegas. Curses are meant to be broken. The Boston Red Sox won the World Series.

2004 (Curve: A): No A+ because the bad moments were two anime conventions prevented the curve.

2005 (A+): I visited Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia, Canada for the first time. I purchased my first laptop. The entire 2005 was like 1999. Life flowed my way from Jan 1 to Dec 31.

2005 (Curve: A+): There's no curve for the maximum A+ grade.

2006 (A): The 2005 flow continued in 2006. I learned meeting new people and making new friends are important in life. People come and go in our lives for which I learned the lesson the hard way. I had a fun two day local business trip in San Francisco.

2006 (Curve: A): The curve holds back. No back-to-back A+'s.

2007 (F): I found a new job at Cisco. I had opportunities to make life changes which could have affected the rest of my life. I was given all the tools and all the opportunities on a silver platter. I messed up. I took life for granted saying anything bad is not going to affect me. I was naive. Most of the bad affected me later. I'm still paying for my mistakes today.

2007 (Curve: D): Think positive. I connect the dots backwards. At least the tools I acquired are valid today. I promise myself I don't repeat the mistakes of 2007.

2008 (B): 2007 continued in 2008 ending on Fri Oct 3. My life changed forever on Sat Oct 4 when I realized I must grow up. The changes paid off immediately: new clothes, read fiction books, built a new desktop PC, new mattress, new gym workouts, and a soul-searching Washington Canada vacation in Nov. I was a beginner again.

2008 (Curve: B+): My initial grade was a B-. I changed to a B two days before I published the blog. I curve the grade from a B to a B+. I give the Sat Oct 4 more credit.

2009 (A+): The growing up continued correcting my mistakes, catching up what I missed, and learning what I should have learned earlier in my life. I continued being a beginner again. Some of the events included taking ballroom dancing lessons, going back to school attending De Anza College, hiking, and playing Mahjong for the second time.

2009 (Curve: A+): There's no curve for the maximum A+ grade.

2010 (A): I experienced what's like being a full-time college student again: taking classes, meeting new people, making new friends, experiencing new experiences, and seeking new adventures. One mistake was I didn't job search. There was a chance I find a full-time job during the Great Recession. I knew people who found jobs. If I didn't find a job, then I find additional job skills I needed to learn outside the classroom.

2010 (Curve: A): The curve holds back. No back-to-back A+'s.

2011 (A): I graduated De Anza College with a AA degree in Accounting; however, the job market continued to be tough from The Great Recession. I maximized my free time experiencing new experiences and seeking new adventures for the second year in a row.

2011 (Curve: A): No curve because I didn't get a job after I graduated. The job market was tough. Gaps in resumes were frowned. Gaps in resumes are acceptable today.

2012 (B+): Lots of job interviews. No hires. Job market was tough. I had too much fun for which I should have spent time learning new job skills and reviewing existing job skills like I did in 1998 self-teaching Microsoft Access.

2012 (Curve: A-): I raise the grade because the San Francisco Giants won the 2012 World Series.

2013 (C): I learned new job skills and reviewed existing job skills incorrectly using Accountemps. Avoid Accountemps' online courses. I got a job at a retail start-up.

2013 (Curve: C+): I took me 2.5 years to find a job.

2014 (C): I retired being an anime fan. I learned new job skills and reviewed existing job skills correctly watching YouTube tutorial videos. I listened to Podcasts for the first time. I got sick for six weeks between May and Jun. I went back to a white-collar job.

2014 (Curve: C+): I found a better job.

2015 (A): I experienced new feelings being a professional mature adult. Also, I experienced new feelings sacrificing, nothing to lose, going out of my comfort zone, willpower, and not giving up. There were first time experiences including watching a live Major League Soccer game, visiting Zion National Park, and training for natural disasters. I lost ten pounds.

2015 (Curve: A): My contract was terminated in May 2015. Nobody hired me afterwards.

2016 (F): Life flowed against me. There was no control over my life. Bad luck. Bad timing. Misfortunes. Anything bad which could happen happened. Too much frustrations. I redesigned my own webpage Innovate Infinitely using JavaScript and CSS.

2016 (Curve: D-): No F's. I tried. I didn't get any breaks. 2016 is the worse year of my life. Zion National Park should be recognized for saving 2016.

2017 (D): O'Connor Hospital prevented 2017 getting an F. I was an inpatient for the first time because I had Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography and Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy surgeries. I was diagnosed with Acute Gallstone Pancreatitis. I lost 18 pounds. Job searching continued. Job training continued.

2017 (Curve: C-): I tried. I didn't get any breaks except O'Connor Hospital.

2018 (C-): I'm playing the teacher is a good mood who gives passing grades to students who try. I'm trying. I'm doing my best. I really am.

2018 (Curve: C): I recognize my grit for bearing down a year full of bad luck, bad timing, and misfortunes.

2019 (C+): 2019 is a barely a good year scoring a 51/49 good/bad. My best is 60/40 good/bad. The Self-Trained Genius increases the grade a third from a C to a C+.

2019 (Curve: B-): I raise the grade up one-third because of The Shawshank Redemption.

2020 (B): 2020 was a good year since 2015. 2019 was barely a good year 51% good and 49% bad; although I could reward myself 60% good and 40% bad. Two good years in a row. The last time I had two good years in a row were 2011-2012.

2020 (Curve: B+): I'm getting ahead of myself. I wrote a blog I Have An Answer To When Is An Adult An Adult on Jan 6, 2021. The answer is 50 years old. I achieved an adult is an adult four years ahead.

2021 (B): Actions spoke for themselves. Harry Potter two more times, consistent job training, consistent physical fitness, and correcting the 2007 Summer Sabbatical.

2021 (Curve: A-): There is recency bias. The financial education following Wallstreet Bets are paying off big time. Everything I learned since 2015 or the past six years are paying off big time. If I found a job, then the grade is A+.

Minor correction. The two good years in a row 2011-2012 was part of four good years in a row 2009-2012.

Update On A Past Blog

Exchanging video games for another activity to finish was the blog I Got Stuff Done Because I Didn't Play Video Games written on Jun 29, 2022. There was nothing to do. Everything was completed.

Another activity to replace, to substitute, to exchange, or any similar verb playing video games is sleeping. Sleeping is an activity. I wrote three blogs on sleep. The first blog Sleep Is Your World written on Jun 19, 2015 was about being in heaven to dream. The second blog Go To Sleep written on Dec 7, 2014 was about the common knowledge long term benefits sleeping well includes looking younger, thinking clearer, and physically stronger. The third blog Get Some Extra Sleep written on Apr 27, 2014 I shared I felt better, didn't feel grumpy, and being sociable.

No comments: