Thursday, October 20, 2005

Say Hi and Smile Goes Miles

One of my favorite ways to be successful in anything is to do the little things. When the New York Yankees won a franchise record 114 games and won the World Series in 1998, the team won many games by doing the little things such as stealing a base, making a key defensive play, and doing a sacrifice bunt to move the runner from first base to second base.

One little thing is to Say Hi and Smile to co-workers, family, and friends. Doing Say Hi and Smile is an impression—an impression people remember. Trust me on this. In my workplace, the people who Say Hi and Smile are the top workers, the top professionals who knows their line of work, have lots of knowledge and experience, and are open. (Well, most of them anyway. There are a few exceptions. Hee, hee.)

Say Hi and Smile can also be the little things that gets you the promotion, the job hiring, the contract, the sale, meeting new people and them remembering you, and the something special you always wanted. If there is competition for a job, I bet Say Hi and Smile is the little thing that makes a difference who gets the job. I’m sure the level of knowledge is the same for all the competitors; however, the Say Hi and Smile is the difference and whoever Say Hi and Smile, the person has a higher chance of getting the job. Good luck!

Update: I delayed upgrading my digital camera. Looking at the rest of the year, there are no major family events that convinces me to upgrade. There is the family Christmas for which my Powershot is acceptable. I anticipate I upgrade around March 2006.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: