Sunday, September 07, 2008

2008 Nor Cal Vacation Day One

R for Red and R for Robin

I arrived at Punkbuster’s hotel at 6pm. We were happy to see each other. We exchanged birthday gifts. I gave her a set of DragonBallZ figures and Punkbuster gave me the card game Pit and The Best of Bathroom Reader book. Awesome XD Punkbuster’s friend Dragonzyez gave me a box decorated with Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist and Toushiro Hitsugaya from Bleach. Inside the box contained an Edward plushie, Winry Rockbell from Full Metal Alchemist plushie, Toushiro plushie, and Toushiro pins. Dragonzyez also gave me a Full Metal Alchemist art book. The box looked great I want to keep in the closet to prevent damage. I must give Dragonzyez a gift in return.

The next exchange was CDs containing music. Punkbuster gave me her all-time favorite music which included video games, dance, and electric. I gave her my all-time favorite J-Pop and J-Rock music which included songs from my cousin. We listened to the CDs on the road. I also gave her DVDs containing the anime series Lucky Star, Special-A and Beck, J-Drama Crying Out Love In The Center of the World, anime music videos, and more J-Pop and J-Rock music. The time was too early for dinner and we watched Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horror III episode which contained “Dial Z For Zombies.” Punkbuster had something with zombies because she had a few zombie dreams and she played the video game Resident Evil.

We took off at 7pm to Red Robin. Red Robin is a restaurant specializing in burgers and all-you-can-eat fries. I parked next to Punkbuster’s car and joke she can’t park. Bad move because she is an effective driver for better or for worse ~n I showed Punkbuster my gym, a middle school which competed with my middle school, AMC theatre, Mervyns department store which is currently in bankruptcy, lots of Japanese restaurants nearby, and lots of trees along the way to Red Robin.

We were seated at Red Robin at 7:35pm after waiting 20 minutes. Punkbuster said my Red Robin, one of her favorite restaurants, is smaller compared to her restaurant in her home town. I forgot what Punkbuster ordered. I asked her and she forgot, too :] I ordered the Chicken. The fries were big and tasted good. Unfortunately, I couldn’t finish the second batch =( What a waste. Wasting food is one of my pet peeves.

The conversations we talked during our wait for our orders included condiments, glasses, sci-fi movies on TV including Firefly, state license plates, whitening teeth, sports, and burgers. Both of us agreed state license plates looks good with a picture or mentioning the state nickname compared to California which says “California” only. Punkbuster has the charisma to chat with waiters and waitresses XD It must be related to her job. I like her charisma and it’s something I must develop.

My Friday Hangouts

I invited Punkbuster to visit Tapioca Express or Tap-X for short in Milpitas. Every Friday, my friends and I hang out at Tap-X. Visiting Tap-X gave Punkbuster an opportunity to meet some of my friends and see how I spend my Fridays. I pointed the minimum security prison and the Great Mall shopping center along Interstate 880. We arrived at 9:15pm and I introduced her to some of my friends. She met mDuo13, Tsubasa, LastExlir, Spiritsnare, Devereaux, Lisu, and Ryuhayabasa who arrived late. Devereaux made a joke towards me how funny I was telling Punkbuster everyone’s biography. Everyone else followed the joke and wanted me to hear my introductions to everyone. In particular, I introduced Tsubasa as someone who liked Final Fantasy which he really wasn’t much of a fan. Devereaux’s joke broke my thought process. It’s OK -__- We talked about Twinkies and hair styles.

Punkbuster and I settled down at an empty table nearby. I purchased my laptop and we watched YouTube videos and viewed past Fanime gathering pics. I ordered my usual Vanilla Snowbubble. Punkbuster saw the best damn commercial ever. (Do a YouTube search for best damn commercial and you see the best damn commercial ever.)

Everyone else went to get dinner around 10:15pm. It took everyone 5 minutes to figure out where to go, LOL. Punkbuster and I stayed at Tap-X to hang out. We left Tap-X at 11:00pm. I got a call minutes later saying everyone was hanging out at Jerry’s home.

We arrived at Jerry’s home at 11:30pm. Punkbuster met Jerry and DemonLordZabusa (DLZ). mDuo13, Tsubasa, LastExlir, and Devereaux played Mahjong. Spiritsnare was on his laptop. Lisu, Jerry, and DLZ were watching TV. Punkbuster and I watched clips of Comic Con 2008. There was talk of playing Rock Band. Spiritsnare went to get Rock Band. The night plan was I play Mahjong and Punkbuster play Rock Band. Jerry showed Punkbuster his room also know as “The Store.” Jerry’s room contained anime and video game figurines and posters decorated throughout his room. DLZ shared his sword props.

Punkbuster and I left Jerry’s home at 12:50am. Spiritsnare never came back with Rock Band. I planned to arrive between 8:00am-8:15am. I told her Asians tend to be late for many appointments and timelines also known as Asian Late =\, and expect me at 8:15am.

No comments: