Monday, May 18, 2009

Accutane Day 102


I'm happy. I went to visit my dermatologist for a routine appointment on Fri May 14. I told my dermatologist the acne and blackheads I got since the last appointment. I got a red mark on my right forehead, an acne on my upper back just to the right of my spinal cord, and above my left eyebrow (see Accutane Day 86).

Why am I happy? The reason is I received lots of information and my dermatologist corrected my understanding on accutane and my acne. First, what I thought was blackheads on my cheeks are actually dilated pores. Accutane doesn't remove dilated pores. One of the assistants has dilated pores, and she is pretty. It was the first time I saw a person with dilated pores. The staff told me women wear make up to cover their pores. My response was, "That's unfair."

In addition, on the sides of my face between my eyes and ears are seborrheic keratosis or harmless warts like growth brown or black in color. Accutane doesn't remove the harmless warts. My dermatologist told me laser treatment is the only way to remove dilated pores and harmless warts. My response was, "No way." My dermatologist further said we don't have faces like Paris Hilton. So true. I went to Costco after my dermatologist and a few other errands. Are my eyes blind from the day I was born to yesterday? I was eating pizza because I was behind schedule and I noticed people with dilated pores, acne, and/or harmless warts. WTH?!?

Getting back to the appointment. The dermatologist noticed red spots on my face and neck that are eczema. Eczema have been appearing in my face the last ten days. I'm experiencing the side effects now. Dry skin on my face and neck. I'm also experiencing dermatitis on my hands again that is another side effect of accutane. And I've been thirsty. (Fate or coincidence I purchased two cases of bottle water the day before my appointment.)

The dermatologist gave me a cream for my eczema and dermatitis, and shaving cream and hand lotion formulated for my eczema and dermatitis. I purchase more shaving cream and hand lotion in a drug store.

I continue to monitor my face and body for new acne and blackheads. I take a picture of my nose that shows the blackheads (or actually whiteheads?) for my next appointment. For some reason, the blackheads appear on my nose at night time.

50% of my accutane treatment is completed. My braces are removed on Wed May 27. My face is not going to be smooth, clear, and free of acne, blackheads, pores, etc. like Paris Hilton. I know I get a rare acne in the future. And I know someone out there sees me as a handsome man. Today, I saw pretty women with pores like me. The inside of me and the outside of me are necessary to prove I'm handsome. It's a matter of time, patience, and working on being a better me.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: