Monday, May 11, 2009

De Anza Journal Week May 4, 2009

Mon May 4

I arrived late for Strength Development. The instructor was late, too. He was much later than me. Sooner or later, he's going to arrive on time and I lose workout time.

I talked to a couple of classmates about majors and our future careers. One student told us he was being evicted. Sad. He's thinking about dropping his classes and workout at 24 Hrs. Fitness. I'm guessing he's dropping out to find work and join a gym when he's not working.

Next, I joined two other classmates in a warm up with the bar. Awesome. I like the warm up. I use the warm up in future workouts and when I workout at my gym. The last 20 minutes I talked to a classmate. She talked about her major liberal arts and is transferring to San Jose State in Fall'09. She wants to be a counselor in a school. She also shared a story her husband was on disability. He was involved in a hit and run accident. Currently, he has a small business. I forgot the name of the company.

I used the new workout I printed last week. I continue the new workout so I memorize it and use it after the quarter is over.

Wed May 6

Class started late as usual. The coach kicked out the soccer team who were doing nothing. I did the warm up again. I need to get the other student's name. I know one of them who introduced the warm up. He's a political science major. Then I workout with the new workout. I didn't finish the workout. I hope to finish one round of the workout next week.

Then I showered in the men's locker room after class. Then I ate my usual hamburger and fries in the Campus Center and read manga. The student worker was nice to ask me if I can wait for a fresh hamburger. I said yes.

I checked in for social dance. The class session was the fewest students attended. First, we reviewed the Cha Cha Cha and then we started the West Coast Swing. My sister gave me a quick lesson on the starter. It turned out we learned the Sugar Push and the Hammerlock. I asked my sister for a lesson.

Side Note: I read an article San Jose State University is raising the tuition 10% for the upcoming year. Bad news for students trying to make it in the global recession.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: