Saturday, October 31, 2009

De Anza Week Oct 26, 2009

Mon Oct 26, 2009

I arrived just in time for the quiz. I was 10 minutes late leaving home. The quiz was a surprise to me because the instructor didn't start lecturing Chap 4. I did the best I could. I did read Chap 4 and did some of the homework.

The mood in the class was tired and lazy. The instructor's first joke was here is Chap 4 and if you understand this you know Chap 4 and we leave early. We didn't of course. The instructor finished lecturing Chap 4 and we review the homework on the next class meeting. By the way, if I forgot to mention earlier, the instructor uses PowerPoint for his lectures.

I'm back on AIM and maybe Yahoo instant messaging. I'm going to be on both during my break between Accounting and Social Dance in the campus center. I'm happy to say I haven't purchase any food in the cafeteria. I'm trying to save money. My unemployment benefits are out.

Dance class I was out of it. I was sweating on the state and above normal evening temperatures outside made me worse. I was tired when the instructor taught us the East Coast Swing. I asked my sister for additional help on the East Coast Swing. Tomorrow, I find time to practice East Coast Swing.

Wed Oct 28, 2009

There were two thoughts before class. The first thought was I start dating when I move out of the house and find my own residency. I wonder how students who work and study find quality time to date? The second though was my laptop cooler pad. It's dusty and I need to blow compressed air inside the pad.

Before class one student asked me did I finish my homework. I replied, "Almost." I forgot to ask him the same question to keep the small talk going :< Too much in my mind—always thinking =P

The instructor reviewed Chap 4 homework. He used Excel to review some of the problems. He included running totals below that was a great idea. I took some notes to reinforce my knowledge. The concepts seemed easy; however, my mind makes them complicated. The complication is another reminder when I was at San Jose State. The instructor finished the class lecturing Chap 5.

In the campus center, there was a student on my right eating curly fries and studying flash cards. He reminded me when I crammed a final at San Jose State. It was Spring Semester 1996. I crammed my Religion in American 190 final. The students got the questions. The final include some of the questions. I crammed in the library in the morning, ate lunch in the student union including eating curly fries, and finished cramming in the afternoon. The final was in the evening. My final grade was B+. What a miracle!

The Wed dance classes have been better than the Mon dance classes. The reasons include more people, easier dances to learn, and I know a few people. There were disruptions meaning those students who disrupt are having fun. The disruptions were small.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: