Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Top Must See Vacation Visiting USA's Best

USA Weekend Sep 18-20, 2009 published an article by Ken Burns "10 National Parks Every American Should See." I visited two of the ten. I like to visit as many as I can. I don't know about the Everglades because of Florida's weather. I still consider it.

*Yosemite. Located in California's Sierra Nevada. I visited in 1995.

*Yellowstone. Northwest Wyoming. The world's first national park. Old Faithful and Castle Geyser geysers.

*Grand Canyon. Arizona's best. Full of awe books and pictures does no justice.

*Denali. The tallest mountain on the continent officially called Mount McKinley in Alaska.

*Glacier. Glacier National Park located in Montana with peaks, lakes, and glaciers.

*Great Smoky Mountains. Located in western North Carolina and eastern Tennessee.

*Acadia. A national park translated in French as "heaven on Earth." Located along the Maine coast and Mount Desert Island.

*Everglades. South Florida's rivers with sawgrass, mangrove islands, and cypress swamps with hundreds of birds, alligators and crocodiles, and many exotic plants.

*Zion. Zion National Park in Utah. Park at the visitor's center and take buses up and down the canyon.

*Shenandoah. Shenandoah National Park located in Virginia. Ken Burns' personal favorite from his childhood.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: