Saturday, December 12, 2009

What Have You Significantly Improved In Your Attitude?

I was a cocky person big time before I realized I needed to grow up. I was a big time cocky person. I remembered I raise my voice, yell, criticize, express frustration, acted furious . . . just be an uncomfortable person. I'm surprised I had friends back then.

If anything was wrong big or small, I raised my voice. My voice was loud, frightening, and made me a jerk. I had that attitude at Blockbuster, Grubb & Ellis, Colliers International, and even at Cisco. I felt I was doing my part in my life and everyone else was not; for example, I saw a baby cry and my thinking was, "Those parents suck they couldn't take care of their baby." Another example was in group projects at work I always completed my responsibilities and everyone took too long or did a terrible job. I said to myself, "Man, you guys suck!" I had unnecessary stress and conflict towards my co-workers. Fortunately, the last two months at Cisco I calmed down. I know about don't sweat the small things in life. The problem was I never acted and behaved to forget the small things.

I'm calmer, more relax, more open, more friendly, and a comfortable person since the day I realized I needed to grow up. There is no more hatred, no more piss off attitude, and no more raise my voice. There is no more serious attitude. I'm opening up a little each day and loosening up. I'm becoming more sarcastic and saying jokes even if it's cheesy.

I realize there are moments my cockiness comes back and I don't consciously realize it. I still have more improvement. Nobody wanted to associate with me two years ago.

Speaking of calm, calm is one of my five rules for daily living. Here are my five rules:

1. Don't criticize, condemn, and complain, and don't compare with others.
2. Don't act like a jerk or bitch.
3. Always speak calmly and be calm.
4. Don't daydream when driving.
5. Keep your head up high . . . look at the cute face when talking.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: