Sunday, April 25, 2010

De Anza Week Apr 19, 2010

Mon Apr 19, 2010

I successfully drop Wed night dance class and added Mon night dance class. The Mon night dance class we learned the Nite Club Two Step. I needed a crash course on the chorography. I found a student I knew from a prior dance class. She showed me the chorography. Minutes later, a group of students watched us and they asked me questions. I'm flattered.

We finished the chorography. It was easier than Fall '09 Nite Club Two Step. The class seemed to pick it up well for the third week. I saw a few struggles. That's nothing compared to Wed night dance class. Mon night the atmosphere was friendlier and more fun than Wed night class. I made the correct move switching classes.

I made a promise to the dance instructor assistant to attend Wed night class. The next class is a substitute teaching salsa. I really didn't want to go. She said attend. If I don't like it, I can leave no problem. I agreed.

Tue Apr 20, 2010

I parked at Stelling Parking Garage for the first time in Spring '10. The garage was almost full. I anticipate more parking spaces available around 12:15pm next week because this week is the last week to drop a class without a record on a student's transcript.

In Acct 1C, we took the second quiz. I got a 9 out of 10. The first question was in Chapter 19. Tricky. Most of the questions were straightforward. The question I missed was confusing. The students in my seating area are getting closer. Time flies by in classes where you get along well with classmates. One of the student commented Acct 1C easier than 1B is a lie.

The mid-terms for Bus 18 and Acct 66 are next week. I start preparing tomorrow. My Bus 18 instructor has taught for two years. She's doing a good job so far, and she teaches the class as if she's a law professor. The student taking Acct 66 with the instructor for the first time learned he was in an accident two months ago. A car hit him while he shopped at Target. He didn't file a lawsuit. Target gave him a $500 gift card so he doesn't sue.

The Acct 66 Chapter 4 homework I got one problem wrong during the discussion. It appears Chapter 4 is harder than I thought. I concentrate more time when I study Acct 66. Chapters 1-3 were straightforward.

Wed Apr 21, 2010

My last Wed night dance class for the quarter. The instructor was out of town. The first half of the class the dancing assistant taught. We reviewed the Cha Cha Cha. She taught the cross body lead. She did okay teaching. Some of the students were frustrated. The Wed night class is bad luck we have many men who are slow learners.

The second half of the class the substitute dance instructor arrived to teach Salsa. We had him in past classes. He knows Salsa well. He can't teach. The last time he taught us Salsa the dancing instructor had to take over the lesson. Some of my classmates think he's a better teacher in small groups. There were some students, mostly men, who were frustrated learning Salsa they quit. Been there, done that. I hope they continue learning if they have the desire to learn. And a few students walked out of the class.

I stayed throughout the class.

Thur Apr 22, 2010

I listened to Blackbird from The Beatles on my way to school. I thought Blackbird was a Paul McCartney song, not a Beatles.

The class was half full in Acct 1C. We started Chap 21. It's a difficult chapter. The instructor announced the third quiz and first mid-term were delayed. Unfortunately, no delay. Two students protested because they have conflicting schedules for the new dates. I'm not happy. I could have used the extra days to study. I wonder what is the college policy regarding a teacher delaying an announced mid-term day?

I purchased chicken nuggets and fries at the cafeteria. I had no lunch to bring from home. I'm not going to eat at the cafeteria for the rest of the quarter. I'm tried eating their food. If I need lunch, I buy my lunch at a Japanese store.

I watched Bowling for Columbine while eating my greasy food. The movie was shown on the TV inside the campus center. It was pretty good.

We did group work for the first time in Acct 66. In my group, there was one student who finished Acct 1C and another student taking Acct 1C concurrent with Acct 66 like me. Acct 1C and Acct 66 both deal with cost accounting.

Three mid-terms next week. This weekend is studying. I find time in between to relax and have fun. I'm not making the mistake when I attended San Jose State. Almost all of my time went to studying and reading.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: