Thursday, January 06, 2011

SOMT: No More Television

Blogger’s Note: SOMT stands for Sign Of My Times, an occasional blog sharing my thoughts how time changes life from when I was a kid to today. It’s been a long time I wrote a SOMT.

ESPN broadcasted the college Bowl Championship Series (BCS) for the 2011 season. My family watches TV from the air waves. ESPN is a cable channel. I watched the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl on ESPN’s website.

Watching the two bowl games on Jan 1 was the first time I watched sports on the internet. I had always watched sports on television. If it wasn’t for the internet, people with cable or satellite only could watch the BCS games. People with the digital converter box were out of luck.

Times have changed. I have the opportunity to watch sports on the internet. At the same time, I can do computer work. I have a 25.5 inch monitor. Half of the screen is the game and the other half is something else such as writing a blog or checking email. ESPN broadcasts most of their games on the internet. Moreover, other TV and cable stations broadcast their shows and/or news on their websites. And Hulu is a website to watch shows that aired earlier in the day. I don’t need cable or satellite; I really watch little TV.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been watching t.v. shows on the internet for a few years now. I have not tried Hulu. I know that many network websites let you watch some show for free. Hulu is subscription based.